• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally on the pad... MEP-003A

panic_button

I put it thru it paces today. With everything on in the house, 2 fridges, upright freezer, 2 under counter ice makers, ceiling fans, computers, hot water heaters etc it barely registered on the load meter and stayed right around 62hz. With it running the 5 ton AC, it ran steady at 50% power, it did spike the gauge and belch some smoke when the compressor kicked in, hz dropped to 58hz then went back to 60hz. The % of load meter I think is the wrong one, looks like ones on a MEP-002 but it was only $10...

Attachments

Nonotagain

Your frequency meter appears to have a couple of bubbles inside almost like the gauge is glycerine filled.

If you have any of the newer appliances, they can be damaged by operation out of the proper frequency.

I run power conditioners, APC UPS units on the fridge with digital controller and the TV/computers. Never can be too safe.

How stable was the voltage when the load came onto line? The UPS will protect for that also.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the add-on frequency meter!!!!

The % load gauge is the same between the 002a and 003a so it can't be the wrong one.

panic_button

Your frequency meter appears to have a couple of bubbles inside almost like the gauge is glycerine filled.

If you have any of the newer appliances, they can be damaged by operation out of the proper frequency.

I run power conditioners, APC UPS units on the fridge with digital controller and the TV/computers. Never can be too safe.

How stable was the voltage when the load came onto line? The UPS will protect for that also.
The meter is a replacement and is a regular % meter off the net.

Voltage drop was about 3v, I keep the unit at 62hz and 120v. Under load it was at 119.4v. My local power is 59.5hz and 115v so I'm sure I'm good.

I have a whole house line conditioner and surge suppressor. TV's & PC's have UPS's on them already.

I really like the add-on frequency meter!!!!

The % load gauge is the same between the 002a and 003a so it can't be the wrong one.
Freq meter is a $9 ebay special in a $4 Radio Shack "project box". 15 minutes with a dremel and some black RTV to seal it tight.

The meter that came off the MEP and the current one, the scales are different. At 100% the needle position on the installed gauge is at the position 80% on my old one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks