• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally putting the M37 back together

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am finally started putting the Moose back together. I got the rebuilt springs, the stripped and painted frame and the stripped and painted axles going back together. I should have my rebuilt 4.88 differentials next week. They have to come from Seattle, by barge. Then I can bolt the diffs into the cases and replace the axles, rebuild the axle ends and steering and start on the brakes. Wow, it is good to be going the right way with this project, after about 2 years!:driver:

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the differentials back from Randy's Ring and Pinion in Everett, WA. They rebuilt them with 4:89 gears from Bob Stahl at Veteran Vehicles and some overhaul kits from Vintage Power Wagons. Take a look at the packaging, what a great job! I have to thank Randy's for their service. Initially, I had a misunderstanding with Randy's. Because I live in Alaska, getting this kind of heavy part to "America" for service is an expensive proposition and logistics are very important. When I thought we would have a problem, I talked with the Management at Randy's. They took care of all of my issues in a professional and customer service oriented manner. I could not be happier and want to recommend this company to everyone in need of differential work.

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilding the front axles with new bushings and seals, new wheel bearings and seals, new lower steering knuckle bearing, new felts on the knuckles and all that other good stuff. Part of this evolution is replacing the front brake drums with front disc brake rotors and caliper brackets. This is the Helitool disc brake conversion setup.

Attachments

zout

Nice to see it getting back together.

Very professional shop you have.

Its still nice to see vendors that remember what customer service is all about isn't it. When you get done with all your shipping fee's to complete the truck - I bet you could about buy another one with what it costs to get parts to you.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Zout. I manage the transportation of parts, pretty heavily. All small stuff goes USPS flat rate box, UPS and FedEx just don't compete up here. I have most of the big stuff shipped to or held at a friends in Seattle. Then I pick it up when I am going to be down there with the truck. Worst case, I ship it LTL with the Alaska Marine Lines barge. Yep, it adds to the cost, but that is part of the cost of living in this Alaskan Wonderland! A bigger problem is not many other MV's to meet up and play with! That and I have to get on a ferry and go to Seattle or the Yukon for any road trip. No roads out of Juneau.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks