• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally scooped up my 87 M998

NCBPhantom

No they did not charge me for storage. They have M-T pick up times only and I was supposed to retrieve it NLT 21 Oct. I emailed the GP representative and told him I'd be able to pick it up on the 25th at the earliest.

NCBPhantom

Nice. tight fit on the U-Haul.
If I were to do it again I would have gone with a deckover or a wide enough equipment trailer. The Ram 2500 pulled it enough just fine, but a nice weight distribution set up would have made the ride back a lot better. It was 1200 miles round trip.

Here's a photo of the old girl that I used to pick up some saw dust down the road for bedding for my sheep. IMG_20161027_133846.jpg

3000gt

I pulled with same trailer with 1500 Sierra from Louisiana to Memphis. little scary at times was also pulling uphill the whole way back lol. it seemed like I was getting fuel every 4 hours

NCBPhantom

I pulled with same trailer with 1500 Sierra from Louisiana to Memphis. little scary at times was also pulling uphill the whole way back lol. it seemed like I was getting fuel every 4 hours
The endless hills and downhills in PA were squirrelly especially the banking, curved ones. I should have done better route recon, but I was trying to avoid New Jersey and New York City on my way down. Interstate 80 was not fun going back. Also on my way down I stopped at a friend's house just outside Cleveland to sleep and eat. On the way back I bedded down on an on ramp near some truckers.