• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally singled out the Deuce and five ton!

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally after a good while of wanting to put singles on both trucks its done! On the duece I went with a like new set of Michelin XML 395/85 20's that were laying around. It came out so nice, and used the stock rims. The five ton I stuck a new set of Goodyear 395/85 20 MV/T's that were laying around on FMTV wheels. If anyone in or around New Mexico is looking for 395/85 20 super singles pm me. I have a good amount of them here and all are on FMTV wheels and also have spare FMTV wheels.

duecesingle1.jpg

duecesingle2.jpg

duecesingle3.jpg

fivetonsingle1.jpg

fivetonsingle2.jpg

fivetonsingle3.jpg

DeucesWild11

The first three pics are stock rims no? I have the same..but I like the custom rims that give them a slightly wider stance.. Either way looks great!

Sorry just re-read your post you mentioned the stock rims..

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the after putting singles on the stock duece wheels didn't work as good as I wanted them to. I was having rubbing issues when turning right and coulf only turn about 75% of what I used to be able to. When I turned left if I hit a bump it would rub too. I got two rims for the front from Jacks Government Surplus in Tuscon that were put on trucks to single them out with the 11.00 tires. It made it back to how it supposed to be!. Hope this helps some people out if they are having the same issues. The rims aren't as inset as the stock wheels.

Welder Sam

u wont regret the tire swap. i did one of my dueces and love it. theres not enough power loss, brake power loss, or anything to talk about other than the rougher ride. the looks and traction are the massive gains! i cant wait to get my other one up on the goodyears. michellins do sound like a few squadrons of wwII b17's tho.

great job

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont regret it at all after getting the differnt rims for the front. I took it up to the lake for the first time in the deep sand it is so awesome compared to the duals. I really don't notice any power difference, and I actually thought it rides smoother. What pressure are you running your at Welder Sam? I put my fronts at 40psi and rears at 30psi for road driving. I had them aired down to twelve and its great in the sand.

Welder Sam

im in the 40-50 psi area. some of my trouble is the 3rd world roads here, im sure... Arkansas is the nations anus. no politics, just observations from being instate for almost 20years

watch my videos in my signature. playing on 395's

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I originally had the front at 50 and it wandered all over the place. Got it down to 40 and it is about back to where it used to be. Did you use the stock wheels too?

Welder Sam

Huh. Ill have to check that out! Thanks!

I got 12 recentered hemmts from a place in Ok. Made putting them together simple and as easy as i imagine it could ever be considering theyre 400 lbs each assembled. No pry bars or "wallerin" the tires onto the wheels. Unbolt them, lay the deep side bead down, slick up the bead, drop the tire on, slide o ring in, drop the other wheel half on, air it up and bam. Its done. A lifting apperatus that doesnt include a human spine is insanely helpful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks