• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally some progress on my M37

matttupp84

This thing was in pretty rough shape if you guys remember the pictures or when i pulled it out of the woods. But we got the rotten bed off and the homemade top. I got lucky and found a bed in incredible shape about 2 hours from where i live. I'm still on the hunt for some running boards. I was just going to get it going. But i've decided to take it all the way down and just completely redo everything. Which I will be happy with in the long run. But enough rambling, here are a few pictures of my progress, or lack there of. haha.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That old bed is something! Try Midwest Military or Vintage Power Wagons for running boards.

WarrenD

The "new" bed looks sweet. I understand that running boards are hard to find, they seem to be the first thing to get bent, dented and destroyed. I was told to take good care of mine. Bob Stahl may have some take-offs, not sure what condition they would be in. Try posting this as a want over at g741.org as there are a few guys over that who part out trucks.

matttupp84

Thanks man. Yea the new bed is really in great shape. I was surprised when I got there to pick it up. Yea my running boards are trashed. Bent up and rusted out. I'm not familiar with bob stahl. I'll check into it. I forget about the g741 site. I'll post something on there as well. Thanks!

Tanner

If I'm not mistaken, Charles Talbert at M-Series Rebuild has the capability of bringing the running boards 'back to life' - wouldn't hurt to contact him and ask. I recall him saying something in the past about resurrecting old running boards & coaxing them back to normal.

'Tanner'

matttupp84

It is quite a challenge. But its really worse than it looks. I've restored a few old cadillacs, and after doing those, this truck is really simple and straight forward. I'll be scratching my head when it gets towards all the 4x4 stuff and the winch though. That will be new to me

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are one brave dude to take on that truck! :shock: That is way beyond my skill level. The only way I'd be able to do that would just be replacing major body assemblies.

Good Luck and please take lots and lots of photos. :beer:

Storm 51

matttupp84

haha, thanks man! Its not really as bad as it looks. I mean dont get me wrong its not pretty but, the worst part was the bed. And thats gone now. Already got a new one. The rest of the truck is solid though. A little rust where the gas can holder is. The engine only has about 2,000 miles on it, it was rebuilt right before the old man passed i believe. But granted that was in 1983. It still turns over though. But it will need all new brake lines, fuel lines, etc. But thats the easy stuff to me. When it comes to carbs, distributors, and 4 wheel drive compenants, thats another story. lol. Luckily i have helpful friends. I will be taking lots of pictures trust me. I have to take lots of them so that i remember how it goes back together. haha

GUNNY 155

I got two new doors in the boxes for mine but did not want to scrap these since I thought someone could use them. So just looking to help a fellow MV brother out since these are still in good shape and much better than most. Window regulators are in great shape and one door has a brand new latch in it. Send me your email and we can work it out if interested since we are not supposed to do sale things through this blog space. Dont have any other parts. I did have one bent up running board but was able to straighten it in my press. I have a guy in AZ that I got two like new fenders from a rust free cab tub from. He is a older gent and has no e mail or computer, strictly phone and snail mail. Sent him the money and he sent the goods. It took some trust, obviously but felt he was honest after talking to him. I believe at the time he told me he had some running boards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks