• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally won my first trailer today

ssgtwright-usmc

I finally won my first trailer today at a nice cost of $240 not including the other fees.
Its a M105A2 which is ok, I was trying to win the M116A3 since its a 3/4 ton compared to the M105A2 1 1/2 ton weight.
In any case, I am happy that I won so I wont complain.
Now the hassle of getting my EUC and SF97 thru.
The shipping costs for inter-island shipping is $520 since I live on one of the Islands of Hawaii.
Cant complain on that either.
Just hope that my M1008 will be able to tow the M105A2 with it weight.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'll haul it, but it is a little large. And, no brakes. The 3/4-ton are rated for like 2250 on the road, so they're actually only slightly less than the M105 in capacity. Plus, the A3 has a slightly higher on road payload, if I recall.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
SSG Wright look in my album for a way to tow that trailer with a little truck. I am going to eventually put a surge brake on that arm and plumb it into the hydraulic brake system of the M105A2

I have towed that with my Suburban with 7,000 pounds gross

ssgtwright-usmc

Will take a look,
Definately wanted the M116A3 but the one I wanted got out bidded. I guess that person waited up till the 15 minute prior to closing and won.
Ill make do with what I have since it looks to be in pretty good shape, almost new from the pictures.
I am guessing the ARMY owned this one because I did not see any rust which tells me it didnt get any salt water on it.