• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally won the Deuce

rongaudier

Just got my deuce started, the sweetest sound I've ever heard! The original batteries were shot, so I went to autozone and bought a couple marine batteries for $80 each (800CCA).
Hooked the cables up and started cranking, nothing. Looked around a little and noticed the engine cutoff cable wasn't moving the shutoff plunger at the injection pump. I disconnected the cable and squirted some liquid wrench on the plunger, pryed it out, started working it until it was free. Apparently the default position for the plunger is in, so I left it there and went in and started cranking again. After about 10-15 seconds it just started purring. It sound really great, and no smoke! The oil pressure showed high at about 80 psi, but I figure if I let it warm up that will drop some. Next i need to bleed the brakes so I can drive it into my shop and start a major service. Now that I know it runs, I'm not so uneasy about spending money on it.:jumpin: