• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SWEET!

That looks like the 1010 that was for sale on ebay recently. How many miles does it have on it? Does it run well?

I've always liked the 1010, but the wife says I already have one large truck (deuce) and that she would like it better if I just picked up a 1009 instead. So I am still looking for a 1009.

low km's...

It's called the "before" shot 'cause the lift is on order.A little fender trim in a choice spot should allow 37" tires to fit reasonably well...This will help cut my rpm's a little.An aux overdrive is being considered also.
As for km's...

Attachments

condition...

The truck was purchased from a local liquidator,who purchased it from a canadian government auchion last year.Overall,the condition is very good.At first i looked hard for rust and could find none at all.after getting it home i managed to find corrosion in the usual spots...The riveted brackets on the inner fenderwells.
So i hogged out the rust and pounded out a patch for both sides...

Attachments

Interior...

Here's a shot of the interior work.The floor vinel still looks a little lumpy at this stage due to the extra sound deadening material.It changed the shape of the floor slightly,thus changing the fit of the vinel kit.
Those of you who are debating a dash cover...go ahead.It's a super easy install.Just don't do what i did and install it on a cold day...you can just see in the upper drivers side corner the resulting crack...DOH! :evil:
It's fixable though.Install it on a warm day and let the cover warm up in the sun for an hour or so and it's a lot more flexible...

Attachments

The back end...

The box has become a repository for stray tools and stuff until i get my garage done...The heater still works like new,but the clutch on the air conditioner pump has quit for some reason.Just as summer starts of course...

Attachments

bypass filter...

I installed a bypass filter where the old DUVAC used to be...it's tapped into the oil sampling fitting and dumps into the drivers side valve cover.Still room to get my hands in to change the filter,and enough room around to get good airflow...it gets hot!

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Skip the expense of the od unit. Just put in a 700R4 tranny. You won't be disappointed. IT already has the OD built in.

And there are thousands and thousands of them. Millions maybe. Gm put them in everything from the Blazer to the Suburban to small and large trucks to who knows what else.

I had mine rebuilt to handle major HP, not that this should be a concern for you.

Like I said, you will spend twice as much for an OD splitter than for the 700R4. Any questions, drop me an email. This tranny should drop right in.

jim

lacoda56

Just a little trimming of the fender bottom edges should do it. Nothing that's really visible from the outside. I run 36" on my M1008 with no lift, no problems and no overdrive.

I don't like it either...

I hear you on the fender trimming...if i wasn't reluctant to cut a perfectly good fender it would be done by now.
So...i'll wait till the lift is on,then decide how much tire it can take,and go from there.If i do trim,it's not going to be a hack job...the fenders will be trimmed in place,then a new fender lip will be welded in place,for both inner and outer fenders.then removal,media blasting,prime,paint,and reassembly.
The reason trim jobs often look so sloppy is simply that doing it and making it look close to factory takes to long or is to "reasource intensive"
and if i do screw it up,it's still just a k-30 at heart...parts are super common and quite cheap.
Now we are getting close to the "resto-mod" debate... :)

dash cover...

the dash cover was purchased locally from AMP parts,a company (small) whos speciality is parts for gmc trucks and cars.The cover is identical to the one sold by LMC truck parts in the U.S.
I don't know precisely were it's made...but in todays economy i'd assume someplace off-shore.
The lift is made by superlift,5" for k-30's.The techs at the shop i deal with in edmonton (tonka) are convinced that the truck is heavy enough that i'll end up with a 4" lift overall.The spring rate is fairly soft.
A caution on superlift's kit,however,...It dosn't work with one tonn cucv's as shipped.You'll need custom u-bolts made for the rear,as the cucv's based on k-30 trucks need square u-bolts.kit ships with round i think.
and yes i'm going with all new springs,shocks and hardwhare.

dash cover...

it's thin vinel,with adhesive.all the adhesive is,is ordinary silicon.same as you'd put around your bathtub.The overall fit was quite good...it's a cover,but at a glance ,and if you don't know it's there,you can't tell.
I don't think new dash pads are made aftermarket,but i'm not sure.
my source locally only had the covers.
lmc truck might have full pads in stock,but i'm sure you'll pay dearly for one if they do.

www.lmctruck.com

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC,
At $270 from LMC Trucks, plus shipping it ain't cheap. BUT I guess it depends on how bad your dashpad is. Some of them are in miserable shape. Others are pristine.

Call it the luck of the draw. You got lucky. Some don't. I'm hoping to find one with a good dash pad. I'll be replacing the seats with a pair from a Suburban, as I like the arm rests that you get with them. Take them over to my upholsterer and have him replace foam, insert heat pads and vibrator systems for those LOOONG drives. Then drop them in. Other than the arms, they will look fairly stock.

jim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just Dashes can probably recover factory factory dash pads for CUCV's, but it won't be cheap. They do Dodge Challenger and '70-up Plymouth Barracudas (e-bodies). They are reasonably correct looking, but several hundred dollars.

Google "just dashes"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks