• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding the right hydraulic pump

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I am starting to work through the process of adding a rear winch to my deuce and would like to hear some ideas on how to make it all work.
The good news is that I have a deuce, a braden hydraulic winch with motor & controls, and the transfer case PTO.
The bad news is that I do not have the pump and am having a hard time locating the specs for the motor(denison with a silk screened tag that has been painted over). I need to work out the location & required capacity of the resevoir as well. I would also like to change to some type of electrical controls.

And to add to the confusion, I may need this hydraulic system to support other additions to my truck (crane).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for a pump that can supply about 10 gpm and has a pressure rating of about 3,000 psi.
You will also need a hydraulic fluid tank, about 20 gallons.

mucekok

i recently obtained the bolt-on engine driven hyd. pump for a multifuel out of a 5-ton. i was considering using it for a rear winch setup as well. anyone know the specs of this pump? or will it work for this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks