• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding U6TL Battery

trentM37

Interstate's regional center doesn't stock U6TL's, so local dealers can't get. (North Central Kansas) Doing a recovery in Des Moines, IA. Be going on I-80 from Grand Island, Ne to Des Moines, IA. Anyone know of a stocking dealer. Thanks.

trentM37

Napa is only supplier, besides farm stores here. If someone could give me a cross over #. Even show other places the battery and just not getting any luck here.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just at a big Interstate shop last week and they said they can only sell them to the military, however a friend of mine who works at a shop that deals Interstate batteries said he can get them for me but they are expensive! Just go get a couple 850 cca or bigger automotive batteries, doesn't matter what dimensions they are they will fit and work just fine. The U6's are only 825 cca. I've gone to Wal-Mart and used their Everstart brand and had good luck. Just get 2 of the same and top posts.

trentM37

Appreciate reply, Regional supplier just told dealer they have to order them by the pallet, so the demand wasn't enough to get.

roughdoc

I just bought two from the Atlanta store of Interstate. My store at home in SC has them too and they were cheaper, but I needed them badly. $120 a piece in SC.

NewWheeler

I followed the "buy the biggest battery they got" advice and found that they were too big for my plastic battery box. Luckily, Sam's took them back and swapped them for a couple other smaller batteries that fit and work fine. The take away being, if you can't find 6TLs, measure before you buy, buy the biggest that will fit and move on.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Navy Exchange (NEX) has an Interstate Battery that is supposed to be 1000 CCA. $110 out the door - I'll probably get 2 of those if I need them. They are smaller than the 6TLs, but honestly I've never had much luck with the 6TLs in any of our Support Equipment. We switched just about everything except the biggest forklifts and shipboard cranes to Red Tops.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When buying batteries based on cold cranking amps, keep in mind that Walmart batteries are rated at 32 degrees F when most Interstate and Optima batteries are rated at 0 degrees F. Something to think about if you drive your deuce year round.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When buying batteries based on cold cranking amps, keep in mind that Walmart batteries are rated at 32 degrees F when most Interstate and Optima batteries are rated at 0 degrees F. Something to think about if you drive your deuce year round.
Something to think about if you drive your deuce year round where it's cold. I pay a huge house payment for SUNSHINE. 32 degrees? OMG! That's why I left Iowa. I doubt it's ever dropped to 32 degrees in Wildomar. :)

wdbtchr

I bought a couple of 6TLs last summer at the Interstate dealer here in STL. I asked him how hard they are to get and about them only being available to the military. He said that was bulls**t, and he could get all I wanted. He says they sell them all the time to golf courses for their carts.

jasonjc

There is a dealer outside of Kansas City that is the supplier for the KSNG that has bems for $50.00 I think the last time I was there. They are in Lawrence KS I think they were deka batteries. They also have the military battey cable clamps in stock. 1-800-223-0962

Verkstad

My buddy went round and round with a bunch of B.S.'ers claiming the 6TL's are for military use only.
He now swears by Deka. (I'll agree with him nice battery for the price. Hawkers would be awesome But I'd rather not pay $400 each.)
The Deka rep only asked he sign a statement that the batteries were not going to be exported outside the USA and Deka would sell as many as one wanted. to buy.
rgds,
Jakob

tonidial

I bought my batteries in town from a local Napa Dealer when I went to get my truck - they sold me 2 Redline 31PHD [875CCA @ 32 ; 775 CCA @0] which just fit snuggly into the plastic battery box. I think I paid 90 apiece, which is cheaper than a tow bill off post:p

mbarber84

I have used a Werker brand battery from my local Batteries Plus+ store, they seem to be a good quality battery. I gave them my worn out 6TL interstates and they replaced them with their brand. I don't remember the price, but they were a direct crossover for the Interstate 6TL. I think they were in the $200 range.

I searched batteries plus in your area, its showing the nearest store at Wichita (approx 132 mi) so I guess that's not much help. But if you ever find yourself in town and need batteries, check them out!

Batteries Plus+ can also get Hawkers:drool: for you, I believe the guy quoted me approx $530 a piece. He said the guys from the Motor Pool at the Local NG base buy them wholesale from the store. Apparently the HMMWV`s take 4, as do the 5 Ton trucks.........:shock:

just my 2 cents worth....... best of luck!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up 2 Interstate size group 24's with 800 CCA @ 0 degrees for $89 each. From what I've heard and read in this thread the 6tl's only had about 850 CCA or so. The size group 24 battery is about 10 1/4 x 6 something so it will fit inside the battery box of the generators nicely. Great price for plenty of amps, unless you want to spend the cash on the 6tl. But I can't see why you would.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks