• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished my M1009...mostly...

linx310

Well after months of work my M1009 project is nearing the end. All I have left to do is install the Turbo and some

Radios.

Below are some picture of my truck. Of particular interest to some of you maybe the custom rear license plate hold I constructed which actually passed inspection in Texas. The design was based on some of the ones I saw on this board but I took it a step further.

I used a harbour freight 100 lb magnet to hold the base on. The two nuts on the top have LEDs that light up the plate. I wired a cig lighter into the lights so it only provides power when I have the headlights on. I used a car accessory cable because it can stretch down when I lower the tail gate if I forget to take the plate holder down. I ran out of spade connectors so I had to use twist caps until I can pick up some more.

I installed the radio mounts, guards, and antennas. I am going for a “phase 1” install so they will be mounted to the rear with the antennas tied forward. I will have to watch those trees. And I also I got my Treadright tires installed.

What’s all this white stuff? We never get that here….the last time I think I saw it stick was 1990 here so i took a pic of it on my truck...

I found a place online that sell the new us army plastic water cans 3 for a little over $50 shipped. I will post the link when I find it again.

Attachments

biodeucel

A very clean looking truck you have there! Very nice job. Did you do the roll-on bed liner? I've heard mixed reviews of it and am wondering how it is holding up.

linx310

Let the pillaging begin...I got mine about a week and half after I ordered them.

You have to spend at least $50 to order from this site. 3 cans comes out to about $56 shipped.

Go here:

http://www.buylci.com/

In the search type

Water Can

They will be the 4th or 5th item down.

Some guy on another forum ordered a ton of them and a few weeks later a freight truck showed up! Talk about free shipping.

A very clean looking truck you have there! Very nice job. Did you do the roll-on bed liner? I've heard mixed reviews of it and am wondering how it is holding up.
Yeap its hurciliner. I did a ton of prep work and it seems like its on there really good.

Last edited:

donalloy1

Outstanding job lynx310! Really like your power supply in back. I to am interested in the choice of bed-liner you used. Ease of application, cost and durability the main concerns.

linx310

Where did you get the stencil for the window/tailgte warning? I've been trying to find one to put on mine.
Rick Larson at military stencils. I emailed them and they made me one. I think he should put it on his site because I see a lot of M1009s with this stencil.

Home Page

I to am interested in the choice of bed-liner you used. Ease of application, cost and durability the main concerns.
I used herculiner. Found it for about $59.00 a gallon at orileys (it was on sale) and bought 2 gallons. I did a ton of prep work and made sure the surface was prepped really good before applying it. I put one light coat down and had followed the directions for the follow up coats. I had about 1/2 gallon left over when I was done.

flyboi__01

What size tires did you put on it. Also where did you get the dash and door panel's? Last question I like how you took a 30mm ammo can and made it into an armrest. How did accomplish that?

Bethelfire

Nice truck! I'm using the ammo can in the back for tools(instead of your water can). Hopefully one of these days mine will look half as good as yours.

seabee mike

Great job! i ordered 3 water cans. I have a big ammo can but not sure if it is the same or not. I like the smitty built consoles. cost about 75$ shipped.

linx310

What size tires did you put on it. Also where did you get the dash and door panel's? Last question I like how you took a 30mm ammo can and made it into an armrest. How did accomplish that?
They are treadwright 31 inch GUARD DOG M/Ts
I got a complete set for $480. They balanced correctly and track straight.

More info here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/55925-got-my-treadwright-tires.html

The dash is actually an original with a dash cover. I painted the door panels with vinyl die. The ammo can console is a 20 mm ammo can. I got the idea from another member here and improved on it in my own way. One thing I discovered is you can balance the can better if you use a 2 inch pvc pipe instead of 3 inch.

More info here
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61580-dash-pad-console-interior-restoration.html

More ammo can console info

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/54524-what-have-you-done-your-cucv-today-lately-4.html#post638100

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/54524-what-have-you-done-your-cucv-today-lately-5.html#post638513

linx310

beautiful truck. you adding the banks turbo? or a different one?

Its a used bank sidewinder...gonna wait a month or so to make sure every thing engine wise is ok before i do the upgrade.