• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished Repainting my Deuce

SpruceDeuce

Well i finally have been able to get the my project of repainting the deuce up and going, have been working on it for a few days off and on and now i am set to finish. I cut out the cancer and welding in new plate in places it needed it, power washed the whole truck, wire wheeled all the rust spots, applied bondo, and masked it for painting.

if everything goes to plan i should be abled to prime the whole truck tommorow with rustoleum heavy rust primer and an HVLP gun

i will post more pics of updates as i make progress

Attachments

SpruceDeuce

RE: Repainting Deuce with CARC

ya as long as everything goes to plan i should get it done and be able to take it back up to penn state and use it for tailgating, should be the only deuce tailgating

more pics later today

SpruceDeuce

eco that will be awesome if you come up and bring a deuce too hope to see you there sometime, i will be at every game

well i was able to prime the truck today, no problems at all really, i taught myself along the way since this is the first thing i have ever painted

thanks for the heads up on the primer and CARC, we will see what happens i guess

let me know what you guys think

Attachments

biodeucel

SpruceDeuce,

Is the deuce your only mode of transport? (you don't drive a civic on a daily basis and just bring the deuce tailgating)

SpruceDeuce

biodeuce, no i drive a pontiac bonneville everyday as my regular transportation, but i am planning on taking the deuce back to school and having it up there for football season to tailgate with.

54reo,
the front wheels are regular deuce wheels as far as i can tell, but they are off a trailer that already had the 1100s on them so i singled out the rear with 1100s as well, the spare is a 900 still so i need to change that

thanks for the comments!

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where do you think you'll be parked? I'll post up when I think I'm coming with the deuce. I think they are perfect tailgating trucks. I just want to drive in on game day to get all the people to move out of the way of traffic. This is the set up I'd like to take:

Attachments

SpruceDeuce

sounds good, i have no idea where i will be parked since i think they just put you wherever each time but hopefully we will be able to find each other and get the trucks together if possible.

my truck should look exactly like yours when i get it done, only with 1100 singles

your set up looks great!!!!!

SpruceDeuce

well i am basically done repainting my deuce, i ended up not using CARC because i did not have enough and i could not find the stuff to thin it with anywhere and it requires more time that i did not have

i ended up using a PPG color that they mixed up for me for 50$ a gallon. it is not an exact match but it looks good enough for me and it makes it unique so its all good

the brown and black are krylon rattle bombs

i still need to put the bumper #s on but i am not 100% sure what they are suppose to look like so if anyone has good pics of bumper #s please post

Attachments

54reo

SpruceDeuce said:
54reo,
the front wheels are regular deuce wheels as far as i can tell, but they are off a trailer that already had the 1100s on them so i singled out the rear with 1100s as well, the spare is a 900 still so i need to change that
They are offset in the wheel spacing for certain applications. Deuces with singles,( i.e. M34, V17A,MTQ, etc.) used those rims. Some trailers also used that rim, such a the M271, and the M310, to name a couple.

Do you happen to have a pic of the trailer they came from?

Very nice job on the paint, by the way.