• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished the M37

67Beast

Well I finished up the major work on the M37 I've been restoring. I just have items like the troop seat to finish up, and the blackout light once Lane digs a bracket out of his piles somewhere. But all the paint and markings are done. As well as the new 9.00x16 ndt tires. The markings were done with the paint masks that I sell on my site,http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Job!!

Let me also say that the "U.S. ARMY" lettering and hood numbers look truly perfect!!!!!!

With so many font choices out there for different style and "weights", it seems tough to get just the right look. You have nailed it on this one. Not too wide or too "heavy" - just right.

An extremely nice addition to your already great collection. [thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Outstanding.

67Beast

Thanks everyone. It's been a fun resto mainly because the truck was in such great shape to start with. As for the amber headlights, I was just plan lucky as they were on the truck when I bought it. I have no idea why the park service put them on the truck, but the bonus of it all is that there are 2 brand new "white" headlights still in boxes that were in the spare parts bins they gave me with the truck. Along with a few other goodies, like a new NOS fuel pump. :D

tamangel

ambers..

nice M37...Do you drive on the street w/ ambers as your primary headlights? In California, they were legal in the 70's ( again as primary headlights)but the VC was changed to allow only white now..Ambers may be used for auxiliary lighting, fog lamps, etc..just not primary.. I always liked then and in France and Belgium, they sure illuminate the roads well, when I was stationed there there..You mentioned the Park Service, Fed or State? Maybe there was a VC exception although I wonder..

Mike

67Beast

Re: ambers..

tamangel said:
nice M37...Do you drive on the street w/ ambers as your primary headlights? In California, they were legal in the 70's ( again as primary headlights)but the VC was changed to allow only white now..Ambers may be used for auxiliary lighting, fog lamps, etc..just not primary.. I always liked then and in France and Belgium, they sure illuminate the roads well, when I was stationed there there..You mentioned the Park Service, Fed or State? Maybe there was a VC exception although I wonder..

Mike
I have the truck plated with historical plates. And I don't plan to drive it as a daily driver, but more for parades and special occasions. I also live in a rural area and know most of LEOs in the area so I don't think the lights will be a problem. Also I have the whites to put in it if any of them stop me for it. I bought the truck from the Midland County Parks and Rec. Dept. here in Michigan. They had had the truck for over thirty years and were the first owners after it was surplused.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks