• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finished WMO filter 2nd video

jimh1985

Ok here is the finished product. Ive made some different modifications..
Also the flow has been increased I found out I had a clogged filter!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCqE0AvzCmA[/media]

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great setup.
Did your water blocking filter have a stopcock to drain off the water?
Or do the filters just have a limited life time? When they are full of water, you toss them.

jimh1985

they are old propane tanks :) out dated ones they wont fill. I dont have the part numbers on hand. But you can find everything at tractor supply and lowes. The skys the limit with it you could use a larger tank if you wanted. I am going to up-scale it and mount it on the truck.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude, that's WAY better!!! The viewing tube rocks and it finally demonstates what 10psi does to push oil through your 2 filters!

What was the ambient air temperature when you filmed that video? It looked warm outside, but what was the temp inside your garage?

X2 on the bobber jobber. did you stage that shot just for us?? hehehe!!

Rick

jimh1985

Actually no i didnt stage it, I parked it close to the garage to put the new fuel in haha. and ty on the viewing tube. yes it was about 75 outside. also that oil wasnt thinned out or anything either. I will tell you all the oil i use is 5-20 synthetic blend. I work at a ford dealer and that's all we use haha.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting up. you filmed EXACTLY what I wanted to know: what does 10psi do @ warm temps.

I got all the pieces coming for my set up. I'll be pushing about 10psi (or slightly more) into a tote (120 gallon plastic tank), then through 3 filters (10, 5 and 3 micron w/water separator) like your set up.

I am in 85-105 degrees constant, so my results, even with an extra filter inline should give me the same results. Waaaahooo!!!

Now tell us...... does Hazmat know you are bringing home waste oil from work? just kidding...

Later!

Rick

ODw/envy

Is it just me or is that hard to watch sideways?

Great video. I appreciate the post.

My wife is going to hate you for giving me another project though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks for posting up. you filmed EXACTLY what I wanted to know: what does 10psi do @ warm temps.

I got all the pieces coming for my set up. I'll be pushing about 10psi (or slightly more) into a tote (120 gallon plastic tank), then through 3 filters (10, 5 and 3 micron w/water separator) like your set up.

I am in 85-105 degrees constant, so my results, even with an extra filter inline should give me the same results. Waaaahooo!!!

Rick
Rick, you might want to think twice about that. The video shows him pressurizing a container intended for pressure. I have seen the results of pressure added to tanks that were not designed for it, things go bad real quick.
Try filling that 120gal tote with water and opening the valve on the bottom. A tank that splits open will spill 4-10x faster!

H

Hank.

LOL at Rammstein playing in the background.

Neat setup. Simple.

jimh1985

I agree you may want to use something like a 100lb propane tank or a steel holding tank of some kind. I would not use a plastic tank 10PSI may not seem like much but thats per square inch when you put that over a surface as large as a 120gal tank thats allot! :)