• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Truck M35

ktm380

I got a call this morning about a deuce going to the shredder!! I was unable to get right there so my informant told them to hold of until I had a chance to see it. So a long story short I did not get to talk with the boss about how much he wants for it but I was told that scarp price might work.
Do you think this would be a good deal?

Things I know:
1)1952 M35W/WW
2)gas
3)outer duals removed for shipping--No one knows where they are, and some of the bud nuts are missing
4)Most lines are cut--To drain fluids :evil:
5)water tank full of holes and pump missing parts

As they moved it off to the side for my I also found some sort of shelters.
I found no data plates on them but they look like one would fit well on the back of this Deuce!

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KTM,
Where is this puppy? I live in Denver and am currently deuceless. I EVEN HAVE a full set of wheels and MOST of the bud lugs that went with them, as I went super single with my last deuce.

So, drop me a line.

jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KTM,
Here ya go. Patrick Jankowiak's M35 might have the same type of shelter as the one you found.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=6&pid=53

I WOULD be interested. First off it would save this deuce, which is paramount. And I don't have a deuce right now. I am about to go get my M1009 in a couple of weeks. I would love to hear from you about this truck. Drop me an email or PM.

jim

ktm380

Wallew,
It is in Pueblo,near my construction yard, very close to the waste water treatment plant. Since I posted I have called and left a message with a local that has shown some interest in the hobby.
I will know more on Monday and will keep you in the loop.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
Thanks for those extra shots. ESPECIALLY the last one. It proves what you and I were discussing last night that the shelters look like they just mount directly to the frame, so that would mean I would not need a bed to slide this bad boy into.

Plus it does appear to be aluminum. I can only assume that the markings on that one side have to do with how it was handled and is either dirt or something else embedded into the side wall of the shelter as they dragged it around their yard.

So, if we leave them with the rear of the truck and stick this sucker on it, I think it would look pretty kewl. Plus being aluminum it should be lighter than the steel box from an M109 !

jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
I too enjoyed our conversation last night. Also, I finally got RandyLBarnes on the horn. He says I can have his LDS engine. Says it's a 'long block' that needs several items, but I can 'have' it if I need it. It needs several things, like pushrods, valve gaskets and valve covers and the worst of it is no IP. ALL of which should be no big deal. I have the oil filter housing at my place, as I have been trying to figure out how to convert the LDS over to a spin on filter. So far, not much luck. Short of turning a thread converter on a lathe (which I could do if I had the lathe). Dr. Foster has the exhaust manifold so he could figure out how to make the IHI turbocharger he has as a replacement for the stock one. But we could work on the engine (including the turbo work) prior to installing it, so when it went in the truck would be ready to fire up and continue on as a diesel.

But until then, you mentioned that the truck could have been started as a gasser until they started 'clipping' things. ALL of which could be repaired. So the truck could be used as a gasser until the diesel engine is up and running. THEN we could do the swap. But that should not keep the truck from becoming a runner.

I even still have four years left on the collectors plate that came off my last duece, so I can register it, pay the taxes on the 'scrap value' and then register it as a collector vehicle and AWWAAAYYY we go. On yet another long journey down the OD Green highway.

Still want info on the shelter for the rear. Like I said, it looks like a commo shelter, given you have a place for exterior antenna connections on the passenger side front of that box. WAY KEWL...

jim