• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firetruck..Finally done !!

texas-5-ton

After some sweat, time, and alot of whining, the 5 ton is finally done. We put it into service today. I want to thank you all for helping me with technical support. This thing is AWESOME !! If you are ever around and want to stop by and look, drop me an email. Thanks again for all of the help.

Chad

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks great, you did an outstanding job with it! :beer:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chad, that turned out B-utiful! Does it run OK? I like the little things..the "Cummins Power" emblems on the corners :wink:

texas-5-ton

It runs super Will. Yeah, I am hoping that the Cumins emblems don't get knocked off. This thing runs Grrrreat. We had a heck of a time trying to get all of the muck out of the radiator though. Looked like someone had dumped "Mississippi Mud" in that thing. BTW, did u ever get your shirt ??

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I did, thought I sent you a PM on that. Thanks! Alot of people ask where I got it...especially my neighbor...he's a La Habra, Ca. fireman! He collects that kind o stuff, Keeps wanting to trade me for different things...NAH!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great Job !
Love the truck the blue bonnets make me miss Texas and may I offer this prayer,

LORD God please watch over the firemen who bravely go out to battle with fire that threatens life and property. Be with them and this truck keeping them all safe and in fine running order. Thank you for the wisdom and talent that went into the building and finishing of this truck. Bless them with your power and Spirit.

In Jesus Christ our LORD

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nicely done. I have enjoyed watching your progress throughout the project. The Cummins Power emblems do look good. I had one on the back of my old Dodge. I need a flat black one for my M923A2 ;) I hope it serves the dept. well. Stay safe!

Armada

Beautiful work Chad!! Well done! :beer: I REALLY like the red with black trim! [thumbzup]

There is a lot of thought and hard work that went into building it, and it shows. I especially like the ladder section on the side of the box. Very, very nice!

texas-5-ton

m139h2otruck said:
Nice job. Like the black undercarriage and hi-lites. What paint (type/brand) did you use?

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments and prayers. The truck turned out nicer than I had planned. I didn't have much help in all of the leg work that it took to get it to this point, but I have plenty of fireman standing in line to drive it now. As far as the paint goes, we used Dupont paint with a Nason primer sealer. Like I said, If any of you are in the North Central Texas area and want to stop by and see it, give me a shout.

Thanks again for all of your kindness.

Chad

texas-5-ton

colyork said:
what no steel soldiers sticker? Awesome looking truck [thumbzup]What is the cap. of each tank?
600 gallons each. We played with it for awhile a couple of days ago and it will take about 20-30 minutes to empty both tanks while fighting fire. It will all depend on what GPM we have the nozzle set on. Thats a heck of alot longer than our 1 tons will last.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks