• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Annual TX MV Rally

wehring

Beach Camping...

Got about 30 folks going to Matagorda Beach 26th-28th. Anyone from here is also invited.

20+ miles of undeveloped beach... no condos, stores, traffic, or 18 y/o blasting radios anywhere to bee seen. NOTHING down there but beach.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

two.fiveM35

Houston area groups?

Sorry I missed it. Just bought my deuce and having it shipped from Alabama in the next 2 weeks. Hope you do it again next year. Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs or MV group in the Houston area?

runk

There seem to be 3 organized groups / museums in the Houston area, and just from websites and hearsay, all seem to be mostly focused on WWII, jeeps, full restorations, re-enactments etc. Not so much adaptive use of a a Deuce, which is why I have one. Here is one of the links:
Blue Bonnet Motor Pool

I don't seem to have bookmarked any of the others, but a "military vehicle Houston" search will probably turn them up. I haven't had the time to personally visit with any of the groups.

I keep thinking a Houston area Steel Soldiers lunch meet up would be fun, but never seem to have the time to set something up...

Welcome to the Deuce owners club !

txdodge43man

Runk,Two.fiveM35

Runk u are correct there are three MV groups in Houston Military Museum of Texas, 6 Cav Historical association, Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool. Yes the Military Museum Of Texas focus is more to reenactment and restored Vehcale's but we are very very deuce heavy and many of the members own more than one. We try to cater to all MV owners whether its a restored truck or one right out of surplus. The Museum Members have restored and repair lots of 5 tons and 2 1/2 tons every thing from engine changes to paint and body. I am also a member of the 6 Cav and my dad was a founding member of the Blue Bonnet all three clubs are great and fun to be a part of but the Museum caters more to the bigger equipment and Vietnam era equipment.

Runk I like you Idea of a Deuce owners club in Houston that would be great I would join in a heart beat I know of a bunch of truck right around the tomball area.

Two.FiveM35 come down to the Museum one weekend and check it out. I'm normally there on Sundays my self.

Last edited:

Barrman

The guy that runs the museum is a neat guy. He bought a Coot from Pistolnut a year or so ago.

There is also a M35 for sale on Nichols Saw Mill road about 1/2 mile out of Magnolia and just a little past the school on the left side of the road. Kind of ruff, but runs.

Barrman

Football and deer season kind of take up every weekend for most people Lincoln. I don't do either, but Scouts and a M715 gathering out in Camp Wood have me doing something just about every weekend until mid November.

Now, just a day gathering somewhere once it gets cooler out would be great.

nofearnohope

Football and deer season kind of take up every weekend for most people Lincoln. I don't do either, but Scouts and a M715 gathering out in Camp Wood have me doing something just about every weekend until mid November.

Now, just a day gathering somewhere once it gets cooler out would be great.
I am open to any and all suggestions. The only issue I can see with just a day gathering is the amount of drive time for just a few hours, but then any time together doing MV stuff is better than none.

Barrman

I wasn't trying to be negative. I already have the March rally dates marked off for next year. I was just pointing out that our Texas society revolves around those two things in the fall, even if we don't take part in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks