• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First CUCV!

Scotty78

First off, I want to say hey to everyone on here, I'm glad to be a part of the Steel Soldiers group! I just picked up my first CUCV at the end of last week after waiting what seemed like forever for the EUC to get approved. Went a little faster than I thought, I think because I work for the U.S. Army, but anyways, I digress...... It is a 1985 M1009 The guy at the DRMO yard said it was the best blazer he's had on the lot in over a year, and this baby is clean! According to the fuel filter, it was serviced Aug. of last year, and they must have replaced everything, new fuel lines, new leaf springs, belts, hoses, wiring harness the whole nine yards. CARC painted in 2007, hardly any rust, the back window rolls up and down, tailgate isn't sprung, no forklift damage, almost new batteries, good tires, it was the find of the year for me. Starts a little hard, but the one I drove in the Army always did so no big deal. All it is missing is the horn pad and the dash trim that had the Chevrolet on it I think? Anyways, glad to be here, I have a couple pics, will try to post them, I keep getting an error on the page when I try.. Bought it for a daily driver as I only drive a few miles to work on Ft. Drum, and I like to be different....... LOL :grin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. You will find that this is a good daily driver and the cool thing is if you ever need a jump start at work, there should be plenty of vehicles in the area that could slave it.

Last edited:

Scotty78

Update

Well, she runs like a champ, and other than the voltmeter giving up the fight, no issues, starts easier every time in fact. Got her all vacumed out and cleaned up, there was a jack under the seat! Forgot to mention, I was a light wheeled vehicle mechanic (63B20H8) for the 5 years i was in the Army, i'm sure all of you have mechanical exp. on MV's, but I'd be glad to help anyone out if they need it, I worked pretty much on everything the Army has on wheels, even some things that have tracks! After all, in the Army, all people see is "Mechanic", not the type of mechanic........ LOL! But again, glad to be here, and if anyone is up my way or there are any meets up here, let me know. Also, can always run to DRMO to inspect on lunch break if anyone wants, it's right down the street.

CUCV85

Yes it was. Kevin was very helpful at the DRMO yard.
Kevin has been great to me. I have bought Many Blazers and Trailer Mounted Generators from Fort Drum.
He wasn't to kind to Mike "Mangus580" though,
I was there one day and ran into Mike he wasn't to happy.
Kevin @ DRMO GL kept blowing him off,
Mike's a true Steel Soldiers Man and helps everyone out!
Thanks Mike for glow plug changeout - Sorry you got treated that way.:twisted:

KICKSTART359

Nice truck

Hey bro nice cucv. These are a great truck for daily driving or even off roading. I mud race myne and she is top of her class. Wanted to let you know if you have problems with the starter relay and they did have problems use a lawnmower starter relay and you will not have that problem again. If you want to upgrade your motor banks make a great turbo and it will allow you to turn up the pump a bit. I hope you enjoy it.