• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First day to drive the Deuce to work

reblawyer

I wish I had a picture of the faces at my office this morning, what a sight. They say I have taken casual Friday to a new level. Dropped my son off at school in it and he asked me to blow the horn when I drove out past the play ground, you should have seen those little boys. I guess I have a lot more in common with them than I realized, its true, I just have bigger toys. Oh, and the horn was great, the little girls ran and the boys hooped and hollered.

FSBruva

I drive my truck to work often enough that it no longer gets any raised eyebrows. In fact, the days I drive the other car, people ask me if something is wrong with the deuce. My only recourse is to leave it in low range on the way home to rattle main street and get all the tourists to cover their ears.

Matt

motorolanut

Been there, Done that!! I work for the US Govie and drove my duece and now my 5-ton to work in the past, it sure freaks people out let me tell ya.. It is certainly a different hobby...

littlebob

I had to drive mine to work after I picked up because it was on my lunch hour and work was halfway home. The comment I got from most was, what are you going to do with THAT. I'm still working on the answer,
but all the looks I got driving those first few miles from the GSA lot to work were worth every penny

rmgill

I'm known at work by more than a few people as the "guy with the tank". Then they find out I have a deuce as well. Usually I'm asked where I park all my toys, usually I respond, "any where I want to." :)

Hotshot

The first day I drove our's to work, I parked on the gravel because I knew the plant manager would have a fit if I parked on HIS asphalt. My boss told me I was going to have to park somewhere else. I smiled at him and said "If you can start it, you can move it!" One of my co-worker's asked me if my next truck was going to be an 18-wheeler!
Wife of Hotshot

devilman96

My favorite so far has been to valet the Pinz on a night out on the town and I CANT WAIT to get the Deuce out!!! ... Living in S Florida there are so many places you cant even park a pick up truck let alone a MV. Rolling up to the high dollar little places with quant little indoor / out door eating with a valet parking lot that is full of 300K Bentleys and Royal Royce's is quite a giggle! I am betting the Deuce doesnt move from where I leave it!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get the "What do you do with it" all the time. I'd like to say, "Make stupid people ask questions" but I just smile and say "it's a truck, haul things"

reblawyer

When my boss asked me about it I told him I was having a mid-life crisis and figured this was bound to be cheaper than a 23 year old blond. He grinned and said enjoy, guess he's been there. My wife refuses to be seen in it but my kids love it, the gals here in the office were really puzzled by the car seat in the middle (for my 3 year old), told them I was fully compliant with all state laws. Now my oldest wants me to promise to drop her off at school when it starts back up, usually I have to fight with the moms to get in line, lets see if this changes things. Thanks for the stories, its good to know I'm not "a singular idiot" as my wife says.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks