• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce, and cross state recovery

scottjhl

So this past Sunday I got my first deuce. It’s a 1971 AM General m35a2 W/w. The truck has a hard top and a c turbo, with a two-tone paint scheme that I personally like better than the 3 tone It is a green and black. (Should make spray cans a little better to stock two colors than 3. I paid a little more than I had originally wanted, however I got a sound truck, which needs little to no work on it. I purchased it from PCTrans over in Palmetto Florida. I drove it back that night. I had Six (can’t think of his name on SS), ride with me from Loxahatchee over to Palmetto Florida. This is after we made a trip around the central part of the state to include both coasts. When we got back there was of course a 5-10 minute cool down.

Anyways. I was able to get a set of aluminum troop seats, a cargo cover, and steel bows. I know that I was looking for a m109, however after looking around, I felt that the m35 was have been a better buy, for now, and that I might later on buy a 109 van body to either put on a trailer or something else later down the road.

The day after I got it back home I sprayed all the rims black, as I personally think it looks MUCH better than the green. I also added the flapper stack so there are no stocking for coffee cans or Gatorade bottles :)

The next things that I need to take care of are fixing the fuel gauge, and making sure all other gauges are working. I know that the speedo and tach work though.

All in all I really want to thank everyone that helped along this trip.

Monday is registration day for me!

Attachments

flyusn99

First Deuce

Congratulations! That is one very nice looking Deuce. You couldn't have picked a nicer guy to buy your truck from. I've known Pete from PCTrans now for about a year and a half and he is a great guy. In fact, had I known him before I got my first truck I probably would have bought it from him. It may seem like you paid a little more than you wanted but trust me there are quite a few hidden costs that quickly add up when you get a 40+ year old truck. Pete goes through his trucks and ensure's they're safe to operate, in the long run you spent pennies on the dollar of what you may have got if you had gone the GL route and then had to fix it up... Good job with that truck, she sure looks like a keeper, and I agree with you on the two tone paint scheme, it looks sweet. Take care! James

dmetalmiki

That's a really nice looking truck! I agree with the colo' scheme..ALL mine are "subued" cammo which I think looks more (aggressive) impressive.
And just looks the part at shows etc. You will enjoy the experience of for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks