• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce from Camp Shelby...possible problems?

c3bosco

OK...I just bought a deuce from Camp Shelby, MS...I didn't think I would win, but I did and now I have to deal with it (happily of course). My truck was actually one of the more expensive non-winch trucks, it went for a whopping $800. When I called earlier today, they told me they were 99% sure that all of the trucks at bldg 6801's yard would run and drive...so I bought one. In my excitement this evening I started reviewing the pictures and realized something looked different on mine, it seems there is no exhaust. I stumbled across some posts a while ago about some not dumping above the cab, but I thought they were older model trucks...this is a 72. Anyways, this will be my first truck, and I'm a little concerned that I'm going to get there and she is going to be missing enough to make my first experience...well, disappointing. Anyone have anything to say that might make me feel better?

ps- she is about 500 miles from home.

Attachments

Ozarker

The exhaust on mine comes out near the passenger side rear wheels. Can't tell from your pictures if yours is the same, but it's possible. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to tell from the pictures you posted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note that pic 3 and pic 5 or of different engines. On the corner of pic 3 a stack can be seen on the fender. I'd assume that this is an errant picture. The other pics are of an N/A motor which could have the horizontal exhaust. Also noteworthy are the box seat and squeeze type e-brake handle which leads me to believe the truck is older that they say. Looks good though.

FreightTrain

Banned
Being that is a Non turbo truck and a lot older than 1972 I bet it has the horizontal exhaust comming out between the tandams....you wanna make your money back and a few bucks?if you don't want it I will buy it from ya.I want a Non turbo deuce again and would love a one with side exhaust.....Hee hee hee.No turbo to worry about EGTs....Side exhaust...you know where this could go......But there is one thing,the pictures show 2 different trucks.One engine shot shows a turbo engine the other 3 show a non turbo.....

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,reason I think it is much older is the headlight pannels.Has teh spot for the electric horn and they can be flipped for low headlights.

Plus the non turbo truck has the Ether start system but what ever truck has the turbo has the old flame heater in the intake.

c3bosco

Thanks for the quick responses...you guys are making me feel a little better. I didn't even notice the rouge engine in there...I remember thinking how it was strange that all the other trucks had 3 engine shots, and this one had 4.

I'm not sure how long it will stay up, but here is the listing on GL:
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=2093953

I know a turbo is desirable, but I'm a little relieved it is n/a. I own a 1980 turbo trans am pace car that made me swear to never own another turbo vehicle again. There is nothing like having the seals blow and being engulfed in smoke while your motor eats half its oil in the time it takes to shut it down.

This site is full of a crazy amount of knowledge...keep it coming and thanks!

Truck looks real good. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the new ride:driver: any way you look at it with guys out west at FT. Carson and Kirkland GL. running the prices up to $3000 and beyond $800 looks and sounds real good!! Thanks Mark

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks