• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce - help with bumper markings

puppy

Thanks everyone!

Does this information carry any significance to the way the truck may have been used or where is has been?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Highly unlikely it was deployed to this conflict. Those that went were usually disposed of there (or as some have observed as a large contract disposal that did not go through GL).

I have also given you access to the top secret website that could probably provide said information. Just type G O O G L E in your search engine. That will give you access and then type in 230th signal. You will find info on their HHC with links to their personnel (which amazes me).

Remember Google is your friend.

Chief_919

Highly unlikely it was deployed to this conflict. Those that went were usually disposed of there (or as some have observed as a large contract disposal that did not go through GL).
I know some made it back. When I got to AFG on 05 we fell in on the equipment from another USAR unit, who had brought along a 1968 M3A2 non turbo. It was never rebuild, never had the seatbelt MWO, and still was a sprag unit! Where the **** they had been hiding that thing I have no clue.

That truck made at least 4 good movements in country with some hillbiully armor and sandbagged before we got the orders to return it to its home unit. So ship it back we did, spending I am sure far more than it was worth to send it back.

jimm1009

Hello there puppy, you know that you absolutely must have a matching trailer now. Welcome to the "Terminal O.D. Green Psych Ward". There is NO ESCAPE!
Carnac will be able to help you if it is an Army or ARNG truck. Look for the 2009 VIN thread and post there. He'll respond when he can.
jimm1009 :twisted:

:not worthy: Oh Great Carnac!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My cryptic message was to inform folks that a lot of what they seek is available via a simple google search.

Not sure what the tin foil hat and library message is about.

Overall I think this thread is now dead.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello there puppy, you know that you absolutely must have a matching trailer now. Welcome to the "Terminal O.D. Green Psych Ward". There is NO ESCAPE!
He was wanting me to throw in a trailer when he picked up the truck :-D.

Garandfan

I was lucky to find a us customs pre-clearance ticket from Kuwait to USA stamped Operation Iraqi Freedom, yes the truck numbers match...

gunboy1656

If it was like our HQ trucks, from my Signal company, it would have spent most of its time sitting in a motorpool, and on the few times it did leave it would be to haul motor supplies, or it could have been the mess section, hauling food and towing an MKT.

I know of one truck that shows up on ebay that was overseas, it gets placed every few weeks. It was on the same FOB I was. Would love to get it to go with all the other stuff I collected from my tour over there, but it lives in WA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks