• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce, need some help

Billy Bobbed

Are you saying the one lever that says lock doesnt move at all up or down a little.You have to hold the lock lever to turn the light lever at the same time.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
clintA, you have a good sence of humor, you will fit right in here on SS [thumbzup]

ClintA

Are you saying the one lever that says lock doent move at all up or down a little.You have to hold the lock lever to turn the light lever at the same time.
It will not move at all, no matter what I do do it. The other ones will move one or two spaces over but not to every position, I can't remember what they say, but no matter the combonation I try the one that says LOCK will try to break before it will turn. thanks

area52

With your left hand, put your index finger on the lower right lever, push up and with your thumb push the upper lever over to the right at the same time. Make sure your master switch is on first. If the bottom right lever doesnt move at all, then its probably broken.

I have a spare if you are ever up this way.

KsM715

Here is a diagram of what the switch does. The top lever should move to the left (counter-clockwise) without moving the lock lever, that is for the blackout lights, to move it to the right fore head lights you need to move the lock lever first. It sounds like yours is FUBAR. They are easy to find on ebay or thru the surplus dealers, or from a few members here that might have spares to sell.

Attachments

ClintA

With your left hand, put your index finger on the lower right lever, push up and with your thumb push the upper lever over to the right at the same time. Make sure your master switch is on first. If the bottom right lever doesnt move at all, then its probably broken.

I have a spare if you are ever up this way.
Thanks, I do think that it is eather broke or froze up. I have tried all the above, I will just drive it in the day time haha. Where did you get your spare if you don't mind me asking? Mabie it will get tired of drinking diesel (I,ve put about $1.00 worth it it with the price of fuel:cool:) and it will go to work for me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You need the switch to work because without it you DO NOT have brake lights or turn signals
you would not went someone to rear end you because thay could not see the big army truck stopping, or someone run a light or stop sign because that did not see the big army truck turning and get run over by said army truck

Last edited:

ClintA

You need the switch to work because without it you DO NOT have brake lights or turn signals
you would not went someone to rear end you because thay could not see the big army truck stopping, or someone run a light or stop sign because that did not see the big army truck turning and get run over by said army truck
thanks, I would like them to work, but not for that reasion. I live on a 39,000 acre cow outfit and the duece will never see highway agian, but it will see some county roads or two, but mostly we do not allways quit at dark.

Flyingvan911

Congrats on getting a deuce. I suggest reading through the deuce forum and you'll learn alot. Research, research, research. SS is a wealth of knowledge. A great sense of humor is a plus here.

BadMastard

Hey ClintA,

Congrats on the deuce! Ya, it sounds like your lock switch might be frozen. Soaking it in diesel might free it up, if it's corroded, but I'd bet it's mechanically broken since the other switches move, and if it was THAT corroded, I doubt they would. Ok, quick check for you. You can try just wiggling the lock switch upward, and see if the top lever will move then. If it goes left and right, you're pretty well on your way to having lights. Easy test is to turn the light switch on, then see if your blinker flashes on the steering column when used. If the top switch doesn't move, then you're out of luck. Time for a new one, or if you're a macguyver, get some gum and use the foil wrapper to short out the internal switch.

Oh, it's probably not very likely, but just in case it might be a good idea not to use diesel for cleaning the electrical connections. Though a spark doesn't USUALLY light diesel, a hot wire can. Though, you will have a dash light for a very very brief time.

Yes, some of this WAS written in jest. Good luck!

mightymanx

The switch is about $40 from most of the surplus MV outfits

Off the top of my head I know that:
Idaho motor pool, Boyce Equipment , Memphis Equipment and Eatern surplus have them in stock.

That is off the top of my head Epay and most MV places have the switch it was used on a whole mess of vehicles not just the Deuce.

Rember the phrase "Service Drive to stay alive!" and you will know where the lights need to be, unless you are being shot at while driving but that is an entirely different lesson. :wink: