• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce!

sgtcrowley

Just got my first Deuce. I was a Tanker 86-90 (19Kilo). I went to Iraq in 2005 and only drove Hummers. I was licensed on the Deuce, but only drove it once or twice. I guess Mine is a 1989 AM General. (so the title says)

deuce-2.jpgdeuce-001.jpg

ageregunner

Ain't nothing like it. I recovered my first Deuce yesterday, had permagrin for 300 miles, so much so my cheeks ached more than my butt.
At least in my case, the permagrin never goes away. Nothing like a classic military vehicle to keep me smiling! This is the hobby that just keeps on giving.

FloridaAKM

Welcome from North Florida, nice looking truck you have there. Funny, it has FL-NG bumper numbers on it in Arizona. Enjoy & thank you for your service to this country! Carry on!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, nice truck, nothing like a deuce to put a smile on everyones face. Is it a Airforce deuce? dual brake system? If so you need to register it here on the site.
JC

rujimbob

First Deuce

I've spent the last three years reading here and waiting for a great deal on a deuce. Got it at auction for a hair under $6000. "Turnkey" with 5200 miles on the meter and nubs on all the tires still. Paperwork says 1990, but it's apparent that was the year it was rebuilt at Tooele Army Depot in Utah. Looks like a mid-70's. Non-whistler turbo.

Rode from Boise to Centralia, WA on my motorcycle to pick it up. Ride out took 7.5 hours. Put the bike in the bed at a loading dock. The drive home took 15-hours.

It's apparent the last owner, a Native American Reservation marshal's office, kept it well. It was under a very large tarp with almost no rust anywhere. They replaced the starter switch with one from Radio Shack, God bless em'. Turns out the switch wasn't a momentary like the original. It was a cycle switch (push on, then push again for off). Took me way too long to realize that. So I've replaced the main wires, the batteries, the starter switch, and the starter. New starter came with solenoid and slave solenoid.

Without this forum I'd have no idea what I was doing or even if it was possible. I can't thank everyone enough for all the great threads and the TM's that have helped me get to here. I'm sure I'll need it even more as I plan to drive this cherry deuce all the time.

Starts and runs like a dream now. I love this deuce!!
(last pic is me with this Navy kid, Marcus a few weeks ago. He's a pretty cool guy.
IMG_2364.JPGIMG_2367.JPGIMG_2400.jpgIMG_2562.jpgIMG_2443.JPGIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2516.jpgIMG_2414.jpgIMG_2382.jpgIMG_2700.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks