• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Deuce

ARYankee

Hello everybody. I'm a new member and I'm finally living my dream. Well getting close at least. I've always wanted a deuce and I finally bid on one and won it. I'm just waiting on my EUC to clear. I feel like a little kid. I'm so anxious about getting it. It seems like it is taking forever. Any ways, I'm just wanting to know what I need to do when I go pick it up. I've already been out there and looked at it and fired it up, so I know it runs. I know they drain fluids on some and what not, I was wanting to know if I needed to bring any besides fuel. I appreciate any input and can't wait to post pictures and contribute.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Any ways, I'm just wanting to know what I need to do when I go pick it up. I've already been out there and looked at it and fired it up, so I know it runs. I know they drain fluids on some and what not, I was wanting to know if I needed to bring any besides fuel. I appreciate any input and can't wait to post pictures and contribute.

Welcome to the site!

Read this, it's an awesome pickup list:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/16210-m35-gl-drmo-check-list.html

avengeusa

Just got mine a few days ago also, not from GL, I snagged it from a member on this site, really good guy, held the truck for me till my ship came in so to speak, runs great, drives great, don't mind the noise.....

the fuel gage was off, be sure to have fuel with you, I ran out of fuel on the way, stopped and bought a can and the only fuel i could find.... gasoline, 5 gallons, dumped it in, and drove off to top her off with fresh diesel, thank God in heaven these are multifuel, it is a big truck to push, lol

I have been crawling all around and under this thing looking for anything that might be falling off, but all seems well, I was happy to get it from a guy who really did a lot of work to it to get it right before i bought it

Hats off to you Derby

zb39

I think a lot of us are hoping to win are 1st GL..:-D..........then when we do, it will be help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz:

ARYankee

Ok. Here are some pics off the website. I was also wondering about a VIN#. I was wanting to get liability insurance but I need the VIN because no one around here has insured one. I was wondering if they had one or if it is called something else like a serial #.

Attachments

Heavysteven

I was quoted $130 in Kennesaw GA for a similiar Duece by State Farm. 6 Months Coverage

I gave them the following information:
1. Year 1972
2. Make A M General
3. M35
4. Value $2,000
5. Min GA state coverage
6. Vin Posted by GL
7. Driven 500 Miles a Year
8. Location Kennesaw GA
*I have two additional vechiles and home insurance through them*

I do not reccomend calling USAA, I was told they don't insure vechiles of this size.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks