• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First deuce!

Loganwood

Well, I'm in now I guess. Won (I hope this is actually the correct term) my first gl auction. It was an A3 from Wright Patterson. I had bid on a few a2's and at the last minute decided to go the a3 route. Maybe not a great idea for my first, but I truly was torn between the 2 options, even after many hours reading on here. The search function actually does work:wink: Anyway, I've downloaded and read all manuals I could find on the A3, as well as all threads I could find about retrievals including the checklists threads that are here in the deuce forum. I think I know what to take and kinda what to expect from my research, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a first timer that seems to be overlooked. I plan on driving it home if possible (~180 miles). Also if anyone knows anything about that particular one, any info would be appreciated ( I don't know how to link that sale, but it was lot # 5651 in sale # 5591).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Andrew runs that site. Call and ask him if it runs. I am not too far away if you need some help, but the next week or two is pretty busy. lmk

Loganwood

Well, that's sure the plan. One interesting thing I've noticed is that everybody I've shown pictures to, and that's quite a few, the reply is normally " What are you gonna do with that", or "why do you want that?". I just smile and mumble stuff they really wouldn't get anyway. I gotta get some different friends.

Loganwood

Gimpy, I've emailed Andrew. Awaiting his reply. I will call him tomorrow as he gave me his phone number in the email. As I said this is my 1st so I don't expect euc clearance anytime soon. But if you are over that way any, and would look it over I would be happy to pay you for your time.