• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First event with my M925

Vociferous

Our small town held a festival this week which included a "Cruise In" yesterday. I decided on Friday to enter my M925 "Sandy" (my girls named it). I was a bit apprehensive never having participated in a cruise in before, let alone with something this unusual and large. Well, I arrived "fashionably late" so I could get a spot where hopefully I could get out easy. There were also hot air balloons being launched in the same general area so there was a rather large gathering of people in the area. Around here military vehicles are not a common sight, needless to say when I pulled in all eyes were on me. I was solo so I was extra nervous about this whole thing. I managed to find an open area to park with some help from the cruise in hosts. And of course when I pulled the park brake "Sandy" let out a huge "air fart", as my girls call it, and that really got people's attention!
I had stopped at the local waltart store before the cruise to buy a flag for "Sandy" while there I found a rack of American made patriotic t-shirts on clearance for $3 each. I bought all they had and told the clerk I wanted to give them to active/former/retired service members during the cruise in and they took another 10% off! So I had about 30 shirts of different sizes and colors to give away. This was just my small way of giving back and showing my appreciation to service members.
I gave away all but 5 shirts and got to meet many great people and hear some amazing stories. I gave a shirt to a 92 yr old WWII vet! What a great time I had meeting so many people. Kids and adults climbed on"sandy for pictures. Can't wait till the next cruise in.

m925-#2.jpgM925.jpg

Vociferous

Sounds like a good time, and cool idea with the T-shirts.....like the truck too.
Maybe next year I can find some other local mil vehicle owners and really shake up the cruise in. In a good way!!
One of the parents of a kid getting his picture taken said I was the only vehicle he's ever seen at a car cruise that you could touch without getting a dirty look! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks