• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First G/L purchase Questions

pigpen60

Well after all these years i finally made a G/L purchase, now what? I "won" the auction and i had to put my CC on when i bid, So am i correct in saying they will take payment out of my CC? And the buyers premium and taxes for the state in which the lot is in and my home state? Am i close?

gottaluvit

I am as newb as it gets, being I just made my first purchase last week. I also had to verify the cc info for each auction. I never won til last week, but tried previously, and each time as I tried to bid I had to reverify the cc to use. The one I won it said something relating to "if not automatically paid within 24 hours, contact customer service". Well, by noon the next day it was marked paid in full and they automatically charged it to the cc on file. Give it til 3:00 pm tmrw and see if it got paid.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On GL it is usually taken from your CC automatically unless you have made other payment plans with them for wire payment for high dollar lots, tax on where it is. On Gov Planet you have to call .

Last edited:

DanM7890

Depends on the amount also. I paid via wire transfer and they confirmed receipt within the hour via email and phone.

FloridaAKM

Spot on information. With GovPlanet, you not only need your paid invoice to do the pickup; you HAVE to have a release form from GovPlanet to secure your new stuff! No release, you go home empty handed!
On GL it is usually taken from your CC automatically unless you have made other payment plans with them for wire payment for high dollar lots, tax on where it is. On Gov Planet you have to call .

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spot on information. With GovPlanet, you not only need your paid invoice to do the pickup; you HAVE to have a release form from GovPlanet to secure your new stuff! No release, you go home empty handed!

This has not been my experience. Pick up is actually quite a bit easier with GP than GL. Usually just the release code is sufficient.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Payment is easier with GL - it takes care of itself. With GP you have to do the wire transfer thing.

Pickup is easier with GP - call the site and then show up with tje release code. With GL you have to jump through hoops to use the online scheduler and then have a physical copy of the invoice and a paper signed copy of the release.

Last edited:

tobyS

If your pickup is (Ohio) on Speigel Drive they are short handed. You have to go to the on-line scheduler. It's a pain, especially when working with a third party for the pick-up. If Spiegel, plan on more than a week to get scheduled but they are a bit flexible for more time. You have already found out the CC was charged, so that is taken care of. Your second and third time will be easier...but stop bidding me up (just kidding).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks