• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Highway experience

engele

Hi, i picked up my Shelter yesterday. Was a 680km Trip. Very funny to drive. I drove 80-90km/h.
In contrast to my old Steyr 12m18, my m1078a1 runs better, Little whoble if more than 88km/h. Ok think year 2003 and only 5000miles, the tires need some time.
The steyr is much quiter, think its only a question of cap Isolation. And The Steyr has softer springs if he is empty.
Big benefit for the lmtv is the auto trans. Litte hard in the first gears, but much better as the manual trans from the Steyr.
But the my lmtv needs 32l/100km 7,35mpg, Steyr need only 22-24l 100/km, about 9,8mpg.

Nice Weekend

engele

Hi guys,
i was at a Trip to switzerland again this weekend. 23442842ro.jpgimage.jpg

Was a nice 300km / 197miles Trip. I checked the consumption again. 7miles/galon about 33l/100km. 50% Highway with 50-53mph and 50% Country road 45mph.

can someone confirm this consumption? It like my m923a2 with Trailer.

best regards alex

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks