• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First m1008

Csm Davis

Oh I have almost got my lift done, It doesnt rub under most circumstances, Only minor at full lock with the opposing side in the air. "woo hoo" Many of you may laugh and snicker and such but I used a set of m-818 front springs that I had the 3-4th springs are perfect length and make for aprox 4.5 inches of lift as well as adding alot of beef to the front end for added weight such as a winch. I removed the stock bottom spring and added 2 from the "bobber" kit I had from my m-52. now I just need a set of 3.5 -4 inch blocks and u-bolts for the rear. Before anyone asks, It actually rides better now since I installed the "much" heavier springs..
Dude you have got to post pictures of the springs!

tuff-truck-guy

I installed a new Napa "MECHANICAL" fuel pump and WOW I cant believe the difference it made in power and delivery! I can now fish tail with ease, actually have to "try" not to. HAHA I even barked the tired on the asphalt with no brakes! Again wasnt TRYING to do that..006.jpg

tuff-truck-guy

Thank you. I probably will not wet sand it for a few days due to "my fingers have lost their prints "haha and their sore. from sanding the 3-4 layers of paint off. I am planning on painting it a dark emerald green metalic, I cant remember who makes it but its the pre mixed stuff you can get at Oreilly's for $27 a quart. "hopefully it turnes out good".

tuff-truck-guy

Ok after many hundreds of dollars I've deduced that I either have a fuel pressure problem, or an injector pump problem. It surges a bit on the low side and it seems like it just runs out of fuel on the high side. I'm hoping its just a dirty or collapsed tank screen. If it is not I'm afraid she might get a small block gasoline engine. Reasoning being that I can put a small block in her for less money than I can have the Ip rebuilt and tuned..

cpf240

You could run a fuel line into a can of diesel, and bypass the tank and the lift pump. The IP can pull fuel that way, and it will narrow down where the problem is a bit.

stuinnh

If you have the original fuel filter (Stanadyne 80) you may need a new fuel pressure switch behind filter in base. They could be leaking fuel or not. They become cracked (plastic) and make for hard starting even on warm days. $15 part only on M1008 not civy model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks