• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First M1009 arrived today!!!

dc9137

After a few tries I finally won an M1009 at GL for a decent price (I think). She arrived today! I knew it was going to be in pretty rough shape from the pictures on GL. It was missing radiator, shroud, alternators, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It's definitely in rough shape, but most of the parts I thought were missing were piled up in the back! She's definitely a Frankenstein truck. It has blue doors and who knows where the unattached parts came from, but overall the body isn't in too bad of shape. It does have a nice new spare tire and the rifle racks. Someone was even nice enough to leave a few tools and a wire brush for me. Ha!

Here are a few pics. Now the fun begins!!!

Dale

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neck was hurting looking at the pics....:)

Looks good. The price was right and the parts are a BIG plus

Attachments

Last edited:

jeeplvr247

Looks like you have a decent sized project ahead of you. Good luck and welcome to the addiction. A CUCV is just the start of it all, it is like the gateway drug of the MV world.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take an inventory of your "parts" and then look thru the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual to find the parts. Label and group them as you go.

Looks like you have all the brackets for the drivers side alternator and at least one of the brackets for the passenger.

You need to find out if the flywheel has been removed and the extra is a spare.

Alot of the bolts look like they are missing.

By having all the parts you are saving some serious coin.

This is going to be a great project with your kid. :beer:

Last edited:

epartsman

Have fun and take it slow. Read the TM's and do the Doghead Mod before you attempt a start. The correct bolts and bracketry especially on the starter can be critical, check flywheel for trueness, and make sure the engine turns over at least with a breaker bar. Looks like you have gotten the CUCV in a box do it yourself kit. The biggest key is do not get frustrated and good luck! Welcome.

rickf

With the parts I am seeing removed from the engine I am guessing the engine is bad. Check that out before going too far. Definitely before putting anything back on. They did not disassemble it for nothing. Put a socket on the front balancer bolt and go back and forth with it and see if the crank is broken.

Rick