• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First MV, New Member

Lapua Dan

The other truck is owned by Billman. My truck is in his garage.
The SF97 arrived today, June 22. The charge was processed on June 8. It took less than a month start to finish. Not too bad. Title and historic tags are in the works. A local company does all the leg work for a small fee. I will be on the road soon!

Lapua Dan

I just cleaned up after another day working on the truck.
Billman and I change the lift pump on the truck. I hope I am never involved in any way with another one of those things. We cleaned the IP return line, which was without ball and pretty clean anyway. Then we mixed up some epoxy and patched up the fiberglass top, which had gotten fuzzy. Things really got out of hand when we broke out a new pneumatic sander and Krylon spray paint. We sanded and then painted one side of the truck. Basically, it looks like some jerk didn't want to pay for a decent paint job and spray painted...uh, never mind. I also painted the second door panel, which actually came out well, although I have absolutely no talent with a spray can. All the runs on the truck we skillfully laid out by my master craftsman hands.

Lapua Dan

I have one cellphone picture of the spray paint handiwork. I haven't gotten to the roof yet. It needs the most work, and I am building up to it.

2012-06-23_18-04-36_283.jpg

I should get around to washing the windows as well.

Lapua Dan

I am a few weeks work behind in updates. Billman and I made a license plate holder and put the plates on, did some more sanding and painting, replaced the turn signal flasher, installed inexpensive seat covers, mount an inexpensive fan, replaced the transmission mount and modulator, and changed the injectors and front wheel bearing and hubs.
It has become obvious that I have no idea how long any project actually takes. I estimate most projects to take one hour, but they average around four. We are slowly working our way through issues. The good news is that I always have projects for the next weekend.
The next issue to solve- the front right sits right around one inch lower than the front left. I don't see any obvious reason why. The shocks are relatively new and have no signs of leaks. The bushings all look okay. Maybe the leaf springs need attention. The rear is very close to level.

6x6guy

That's what happens when you start buying green stuff, you can't just stop.
Looks like you have a lot of work ahead, do yourself a favor get a couple more friends together
involved, and network with local MV owners in your area for some tips and helpful information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks