• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First MV recovery M923A2 out of sparta

Jel4754

Picked up my first MV from Sparta WI last week and drove it home to St Louis. Had Jeff Laumer pick the truck up from Fort McCoy. He was great. Met him at his storage facility he sold me all the gear to change the tire as that was not in the truck. Showed me how to get the massive spare off the rack. Went through all the systems and let me load the rental in the back on his loading dock.. Truck is a beauty. She runs great looks brand new and has only 3000 miles and 60 engine hours hours. Was rebuilt in june 2010 by Red River. Trip home was uneventful. Strange looking down into semi truck cabs!. Hard to tell, but i think i got about 8MPG on the way back as i spent about 225 dollars in diesel fuel. My two girls love the truck and cant wait to go for a ride. For the size this truck is surprisingly easy to drive!

IMG_2476.jpgIMG_2477.jpgIMG_2478.jpgIMG_2479.jpgIMG_2481.jpgIMG_2485.jpgIMG_2490.jpgIMG_2491.jpgIMG_2493.jpgIMG_2494.jpg

Jel4754

where is my trailer? If I need one I can hire a transporter
I had Jeff pick the truck up as I could not get there in 10 days to remove it. He was great. To change the tire you need the chain and pulley to get the spare off as well as the lug wrench and 20 ton bottle jack and some small wrenches to disconnect the CTIS from the wheel. Jeff can get you all the stuff you need. It was a ton of fun to drive home.

Jel4754

Just to be clear I never had to change the tire but I wanted to have all of the supplies just in case. All the tires are brand spankin new

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on the new truck, now you need to get some friends for it so it won't get lonely.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks