• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First of many questions???

deuce_m35a2

After getting my M35a2 almost a year ago, I finally am starting to work on it. I bought it without a starter and alternator and a ceased tranny. Over this weekend put a new starter and alternator in it and then got two batteries for it. after hooking up the batteries, and turning the accessories switch on, there is a loud buzzing coming from under the dash. Can anyone tell me what this is and if something like that is normal??
I know I wouldnt be able to get this to start until I drop the tranny, but just wanted to see if i could get some power to give me some motivation moving forward.
I am completely clueless when it comes to this truck, and am trying to learn, so I hope you guys will bare with me as I ask probably a million questions..
thanks
Christian

acetomatoco

I guess you had a year to buy the manuals and study them before trying to operate your truck...That is the recommendation I make to you... The buzzer is your low air pressure alarm... I typically try to be clothed when working on my trucks.. so I will not "bare" with you... Bearing that in mind please read the manuals before somebody gets hurt.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Totally normal, it is the low air pressure warning buzzer. It will buzz up to about 60 psi, which takes maybe 60 seconds or so

deuce_m35a2

Thanks Clinto, I thought that may be it, but wanted to make sure.
I have several of the manuals, and have read some of them, I just thought I would ask since I'm sure many of you know. I always feel its better to ask questions.
Maybe I should clarify, That I am not completey clueless (mechanically) just new to this hobby and these types of trucks.

superburban

Re: RE: First of many questions???

acetomatoco said:
I typically try to be clothed when working on my trucks.. so I will not "bare" with you...
Hey now. There is nothing wrong with two grown, naked men crawling around under a greasy truck, covered from head to toe in oil, holding large tools...

.....in a completely heterosexual sort of way, of course.

acetomatoco

Three of us... Me, myself, and I have a good time together... Last time I was rolling on the floor was taking the PTO off the M139 with the shaft to the winch still attached...oops...

nattieleather

Sounds like you got clanked in the head on that one Ace...and by your post I'd think I'm right.....bwahahahahaha.

Ask questions duce m35a2 that's what groups like this are for.