• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First power outage after MEP purchace= almost fun!

JRM

First power outage with having the 803A in my garage, Friday morning at around 3am we got some wind and rain and boom- no power. Woke up at 5AM, fired up the MEP and did our morning routine flawless and left for work at normal time!
2hp well pump
water heater
Coffee maker
Toaster oven
small space hater in bathroom
tons of lights
:mrgreen:

Triple Jim

Isn't it funny? Not long after I got my 003A, we had a storm, and I said "I hope the power doesn't go out." My son immediately said "Oh no you don't." He knew I was anxious to use the generator for something other than monthly tests.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One would think, she still wants me to sell my dream home on 10 acors and move to a tiny lot in the urban jungle. That's what I get for marrying the cute city chick rather than the kinky cammo wearing chick from highschool.
Just tell her to send letters on how shes doing in the city ;)

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had an opportunity to use mine a couple of times for a few of days for the max stretch. The wife now gets it. She is also a city girl. She hasn't had the pleasure of enduring 10 days of no power from a North Carolina ice storm.

My next step is to get the batteries from a wrecked Chevy Volt and do a solar/battery backup for the critical systems. I have the Xantrex 6048 inverter now. It will be integrated with the MEP-803 for battery charging.

lonesouth

One would think, she still wants me to sell my dream home on 10 acors and move to a tiny lot in the urban jungle. That's what I get for marrying the cute city chick rather than the kinky cammo wearing chick from highschool.
Something happened to my cute city chick. She entered my life as a boca raton tennis player. That was about 11 years ago. Yesterday, she butchered turkeys. I don't know how I did it.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something happened to my cute city chick. She entered my life as a boca raton tennis player. That was about 11 years ago. Yesterday, she butchered turkeys. I don't know how I did it.
Uh.. That ain't happening at my house. I live the "Green Acres" TV show.

joshua1001

Something tells me that if we have an ice storm this winter my wifes friends will be wanting to be at our place. They all live on lots so small their measured in sq ft with no extra heat source after their heat pumps loose power.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That absolutely will happen. Assuming they can get to you. I live in a rural neighborhood. The lots are in acres but we do have neighbors. Our last big ice storm was before I got a MEP. Our neighbor had a Home Depot gasser. He went through 2 of them during the outage. I had passive gas heat so I was OK but had no water (private wells). His house was the go-to place for water and showers for all of us.

That house will be my house in the next long term outage event. We could test that that scenario weekend with a hurricane eyeing the east coast this week. I'm looking at trying to fly in from the west coast job to get home ahead of the storm.

joshua1001

Yea that hurricane was looking strong yesterday. Im in upstate sc but we know how they can pack a punch inland. Im on gas heat but electric hot water heater, well pump, but gas cooking. I still need to hook it up to the house which will be sooner than later if that storm comes this direction. Id have it done already but have been getting my old house ready for the market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks