• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First "real" drive

palskidoo

This past saturday I waited in line with all the other people who had to waste their time at the DMV but my deuce got her temp plates so she can go for VIN verification and registration on Friday. Needless to say I couldn't get home fast enough and put the plate on and between 2 pm Saturday and 1 pm Sunday she had about 100 new miles on her!! She ran smooth as can be (for a 13000# truck with 10 tires).

To me there is nothing better than running thru he gears then down shifting before a stop. The whistler turbo is among the best noices in the world!! Then on top of that, the waves and solutes I got driving by people were awesome. I'm not a military man by any means so it made me feel a little odd getting saluted by the appreciation people have anything military is absolutely amazing. I am in up to my eyes with this GREEN FEVER now!!!! :grd:

caliber1

Palskidoo, just remember. Everyone and their brother are gonna ask you that question. Doesn't matter where you are, unless it's at a rally with a bunch of other addicts.

"What are you gonna do with that?" aua

palskidoo

Palskidoo, just remember. Everyone and their brother are gonna ask you that question. Doesn't matter where you are, unless it's at a rally with a bunch of other addicts.

Ive gotten that question a few times and my answer each time is "what am I NOT going to do with it?"

its kinda neat having something very very different on the road.... im not one to conform I like to do my own thing and make my own statements! :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ya got to love a deuce....even though I sold my last cargo deuce I still have fond memories of it.

One of the best was when I went to Lowes and bought two pallets of Sackcrete. The guy asked if I wanted them delivered and I said no just load them on my big pickup truck.....he looked at me like I was crazy until I pulled into the loading area with the deuce......she didn't even squat when they loaded the pallets on her. The looks of the employees and the other guys picking up stuff were priceless.:grd:

caliber1

Yessir, pulled into the Lowes here, the guys at the Pro desk all know me. They heard the turbo and came out. "Gosh Dang Jess, what are you picking up now?" I jumped out and told them I ran out of coffee, hoped they had a fresh pot on. rofl

Ya got to love a deuce....even though I sold my last cargo deuce I still have fond memories of it.

One of the best was when I went to Lowes and bought two pallets of Sackcrete. The guy asked if I wanted them delivered and I said no just load them on my big pickup truck.....he looked at me like I was crazy until I pulled into the loading area with the deuce......she didn't even squat when they loaded the pallets on her. The looks of the employees and the other guys picking up stuff were priceless.:grd:

archer67

where in CT are you. I live in Lebanon,CT and will registering my duece some time over the winter. I would like to find out about your experience with the reg. and insurance process.