• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Recovery,First Post

misterbill64

Hello all, just made my first recovery 71 M35A2, picked it up in Maryland, it needed an air pack. Replaced and bleed the brakes, drove 325 miles to WV uneventful, Took 8 hrs. to get home though, DC traffic stinks. Have big plans, 395s, bobbed, dump bed, time and money is what it will take. Would never have attempted it without this site, and the help of my best friend.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

misterbill64

My friend and I had it replaced and bleed twice in about 3 hours, i had to leave in the middle for title work.
Not a bad truck only things I've found wrong so far are charge gauge ( needed wire resoldered inside) and turn signal flasher dead, new one ordered.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, a long trip for a first vehicle - I'll bet you can colorfully describe Deuce Butt now. Glad all went well, and welcome.

misterbill64

It was nice meeting you to,you certanly have a nice little fleet there,and again I appreciate all your help getting me ready to go.You went above and beyond what was expected especialy on a truck that no longer belonged to you.I guess that just shows how good the group of people on here can be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks