• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First relaxed drive of the M923

jstier

Last night I took the M923 out for a relaxed cruse. It’s the first time I have driven it since I brought it home about 10 miles from getting it off the truck that brought it to me.

I have spent a ton of time cleaning and fixing little stuff and just getting familiar with her. This is my first MV and so far I am very impressed.

The air brakes act totally different than my diesel pusher RV. They seem to be touchier than my RV. They are going to take a little time getting used to them.

New rebuilt heater core worked great put out tons of heat and best part is No Leaks.

I pulled up next to a guy in a very nice Lifted and all decked out Ford Excursion, and got a huge [thumbzup] from him and tons of others as I drove.

All in all it was a blast and now I have OD fever big time.

Time to start looking for a M35a3 that’s as nice as my M923

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

bobbed_1971

That's cool man nice truck is it a a2 or a1 I'm looking at getting a m923a2 with the big 8.3 fummins I have a m35a2 bobbed love it now it's time for a 5 ton truck to play with.I love my bobber tho

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 8.3 6CTA motor in the M939A2 is actually considered the "small" motor. It is just larger (approximately 505CI) than a deuce motor (478CI). The motor in the older M939 series truck was the NHC 250 (855CI).

Last edited:

jstier

Thank you

You have a nice truck.

It's an A1.

I thought I wanted an A2 also. I had a 8.3 in my last RV and loved the motor. But The NHC 250 is a great motor too. I'm going to have my friend, who is a cummins service tech, come over and bump it up a little bit. Ill post what he does and the results after he's done.

Thanks
Jeff
Fort Wayne

jstier

The 8.3 6CTA motor in the M939A2 is actually considered the "small" motor. It is just larger (approximately 505CI) than a deuce motor (478CI). The motor in the older M939 series truck was the NHC 350 (855CI).

Ok im confused now. Is it a 350 or a 250?

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great post, nice grammar! (inside joke):D

jstier

Whoops! Sorry 'bout that. It definitely is a 250. I just was typing too quickly and should have proofread my post.
No problem,
I was pretty sure it was a 250, but i didn't want to doubt you.

a 350 would have been awsome though.

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

indy4x4fab

Banned
I'm planning a spring bib-wack at the Anderson Military Museum, in Anderson, IN. dates are not set yet, working with the museum's owner, will be a Friday night threw sunday morning camp out plus a convoy ride around anderson. I'm not going to post this in the rally form until after the Fall Haspen Rally.

spicergear

I took the 931A2 out last night for 15 minute spin around the valley. Man, that's a nice driving truck. Brakes, yep...little touchy when you're just creeping along but they feel really good when you're up to speed. Nice firm pedal and really good 'whoa' in them things! :mrgreen:

jstier

I'm planning a spring bib-wack at the Anderson Military Museum, in Anderson, IN. dates are not set yet, working with the museum's owner, will be a Friday night threw sunday morning camp out plus a convoy ride around anderson. I'm not going to post this in the rally form until after the Fall Haspen Rally.
That Sounds like alot of fun.

Do you know if they have ever done anything like that at the Kruse WWII Victory Museum in Aburn IN?

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

jstier

I took the 931A2 out last night for 15 minute spin around the valley. Man, that's a nice driving truck. Brakes, yep...little touchy when you're just creeping along but they feel really good when you're up to speed. Nice firm pedal and really good 'whoa' in them things! :mrgreen:
I have always been told that air brakes take time to react. And this is true on my RV but the brakes on the M923A1 are on it right now. I wish my rv would stop like the M923A1.

indy4x4fab

Banned
That Sounds like alot of fun.

Do you know if they have ever done anything like that at the Kruse WWII Victory Museum in Aburn IN?

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN
I was thinking spend the night friday night at the anderson museum and then csee how many people wanted to convey up to the Aburn museum go threw it and then turn and run back to anderson the spend saturday night. Put more US highway miles on at 45 to 55 mph then I69 miles, alittle slower and easier on the trucks plus more senic and a few small towns to pass threw equals more smiles and waves per mile.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Found these thought you might get a go laugh of of them.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gW7mdL9Bhs&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ99iSmVZ5E&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3HoBqAToqM&feature=related[/media]

Bighurt

Those were fun videos. Kinda boring but interesting none the less. I just realized I've never personally seen a M939. Should make my pick-up interesting...:D