• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First snow for my deuce

jhuey

The first time I got to drive my deuce at home was in the snow. I just off loaded it from the trailer yesterday and there was about five inches with inch of ice under it. It did ok, slipped a lot but kept going. With the ice it made it a little dicey. I was told to go single on the rear to put more weight on a smaller area. I won't be driving much in the snow I don't like what all the salt will do to my truck.

johnfrombeyond

Sorry to hear about the head gaskets divemaster, hope its back on the road soon. Thanks for the tip on the tire pressure, we will not go far, just a national forest run probably, the truck is supposed to be in the Waynesboro Christmas parade at 1900, IM guessing the parade will be canceled.

Divemaster920

Banned
I took mine up Shoe Creek and over Priest Mtn at crabtree meadow last week. I love the national forest (where it is accessible). By the time I got to the top, it was "been there done that", by the time I got home I could not wait to do it again.:-D
With all of these engines going south I had my oil tested, showed antifreeze in the oil. I got 1 head on before dark yesterday, I guess I will get the other one on tomorrow. Too cold and wet outside.

Attachments

emr

Have to say it sure is worth it and great advise, the lower the tire pressure the more your tires will work for U ! So many people and Me too learned the hard way, these trucks and tires are awesome, BUT the tires need LOW air to work, Amazingly they can go down to that 15 #s ...that is when they become super tires...:-D

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Salafrae you are at the wrong end of the state. It snowed here today in North Georgia, about an inch where I live, but melted away by afternoon. My Deuce has a sick transmission, so I was only able to drive a short distance through the snow. I was afraid the trans would lock up. The trans will be swapped shortly.

Say hello to your Dad for me. I enjoyed talking with him when trailriding in BIGCASE's Deuce at the GA Rally.

Scarecrow1

Man I know I'm in the Right place now the pics made me think of the same thing .The Ardeens that is . Salafrae You sound like me I never have seen enough snow in SC . I think I may relocate next year to a more northern climate.......Let it snow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks