• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Time Driving a Deuce

Mongoose1

I have to thank TulsaME for his overwhelming generosity in letting a complete newb drive his deuce today. I contacted him last week about taking a look at his truck and learning more about them before I consider buying one. He went above and beyond the call of duty by coming all the way to my office to say hello. (Down an entire flight of stairs and across the building. Turns out we work at the same place! What are the odds?) Anyway, to make a long story longer, he brought the truck to work today and when we got off, he gave me a lesson in deuceology. He started with a complete walkaround explaining all the major components and what to look for when buying and driving a deuce. We then fired her up and went for a drive - him driving, me riding. We went to a new neighborhood that's under construction so I could practice driving with no traffic. (Good thinking, Dave!) When I was comfortable driving it, I took it on the road for a short trip to Bass Pro Shops and some off-roading behind their parking lot.

Overall, a great experience. I am totally hooked now.

I have to say, Dave - TulsaME - is 10 pounds of awesome in a 5 pound bag! OK, maybe 9.5 pounds. He's kinda short.

Pictures will be available later. Dave has the camera and he's got to shrink the pictures to useable size. They will either be in this thread or look for a supplemental thread from TulsaME.

gunboy1656

Glad you enjoyed it, they are a blast.

My suggestion, even though you don't own one....yet, download all the manuals and study up, that way when you do get one, you will be even more ahead of the class. They dont cost a thing, and they are a good way to pass free time.

Mongoose1

My suggestion, even though you don't own one....yet, download all the manuals and study up, that way when you do get one, you will be even more ahead of the class. They dont cost a thing, and they are a good way to pass free time.
That's the plan. I've been telling people I'm downloading them for a little light reading.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks