• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Time GL Buyer

2005Sierra

I'm looking at buying a M1009 that is down in Maryland, i'm in PA. What forms would i need to fill out and have with me in order to pick up said truck? and what information would i need to get the truck titled and insured?

Thanks,
Kyle

trukhead

Are you registered with GL?

Does the auction say EUC required?

If it says EUC required, you will have to:

WIn the auction
submit an application through GL for an EUC
wait for EUC approval and arrival
take paid in full invoice to GL and pickup vehicle
apply to GL for SF-97 or title
Take that paper work to your state and get your license and registration

:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time and patients is all you need, and some cash......:whistle:

Depends on how the truck is listed. Some require an EUC ( End User Certificate) and some don't.

The listing for the vehicle will tell you.

When you purchase the truck you will need to pay for it, wait for the Paid-In-Full receipt, pickup the truck, apply for the SF-97 (title) and pay $60, wait for them to mail it (up to 30 days) and then take the truck and paperwork to your DMV. Pay what ever they say to pay.

If the truck is sold with an EUC, add up to 90 days to the process.

All of this is covered in this forum. GL also has the steps, altought they are not very clear.

3dAngus

Pick up? Paid in Full invoice
Titled? SF97 does most all of it. Apply for it thru GL after you pick it up
Insurance? State Farm makes it easy and you can scan and email the local office the paid in full invoice with serial number on it. And you can read some of the threads above.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And don't forget it's a crap shoot if the truck is any good. If you can't risk loosing your money, I'd reconsider.

Last edited:

Billman

Good luck with your GL experience.
I purchased my M1009 from a private party after watching the auctions for a couple months.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would recommend previewing the truck......CUCV's are notorious for electrical problems and for the electrical system being butchered by well meaning idiots who think it's better to take short cuts than to fix it properly.

Gl sells a lot of good trucks.......and a lot of lawn ornaments.

You gets what you pays for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks