• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time Humvee owner, lifetime admirer w/ a Q...

Westo

I have heard there is a relay that can stick open, powering TCM all the time. I am working my way to that issue...
That's probably what it is. I read the older posts again and it looks like the light isn't on when it's running, which means it isn't what I had. The only thing that made me think of my issue was the dim light, but that could just be a dirty lens or something.

OrangeElvis

That's probably what it is. I read the older posts again and it looks like the light isn't on when it's running, which means it isn't what I had. The only thing that made me think of my issue was the dim light, but that could just be a dirty lens or something.
Well, now that I said that - yesterday the light was flickering while driving at first, then just stayed on, solidly lit. ***sigh***

I will take it out again this evening and see what I get, lol.

Westo

Well, now that I said that - yesterday the light was flickering while driving at first, then just stayed on, solidly lit. ***sigh***

I will take it out again this evening and see what I get, lol.
See if you can get it into the diagnostic mode. If it does you might find out what's causing the light, and if it doesn't then you almost certainly have a TCM problem. Here's a helpful guide to troubleshooting the TCM if you don't have it already.

Attachments

OrangeElvis

See if you can get it into the diagnostic mode. If it does you might find out what's causing the light, and if it doesn't then you almost certainly have a TCM problem. Here's a helpful guide to troubleshooting the TCM if you don't have it already.
Thank you. I have checked it twice - once, after I accidentally connected the power lines to 24V and got code 53 among others - which put me into LIMP mode. After correcting the wiring mistake, I checked again and got NO codes (just 12 over and over).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks