• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Time MV Owner

Moto4Life

Although this isn't my first post I thought it would fit best here. I've been lurking on the site for the past several months learning all kinds of information while I was on the hunt for a Deuce. And as luck would have it, I stumbled upon one over the weekend. It is a 1973 M35a2. Everything seems to check out on it. All the gauges are intact and it has a fresh cab top and cargo cover. Unfortunately the previous owner had spray painted his business name and phone number on the side of the cargo cover, any ideas to get it off?

Attachments

gunboy1656

Is the business still up and running? If so tell the owner you will keep it on there as advertising for a 100 bucks a month or a tank of fuel a month.

The rest of the truck looks good.

Moto4Life

Is the business still up and running? If so tell the owner you will keep it on there as advertising for a 100 bucks a month or a tank of fuel a month.

The rest of the truck looks good.
Hmm...I like that idea. I'll have to look into that one, nothing sounds better than a free tank of fuel when diesel is almost $5.00 a gallon here in So Cal

RealCavDog

Very nice ! Pretty good for a first ! Maybe a bit more info on what material it is made of ?

Well, The only reason I asked about the material is that you mention it being newer, and in the photos it appears to have a sheen, or gloss to it, at least on the cab top.

Have seen a few different types, to include the older canvas, and two very different types of slicker vinyl coated type materials. One a coated type of thin canvas material, the other a very heavy, almost composite vinyl compound.

Not sure which, if any, were O.E. issue, but pretty sure they would need different care, but maybe not !

I like the advertising idea that was suggested ! Good Luck and Enjoy !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks