• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Timer

Preacherboy

I won 2 m105 trailers today and I only intened to win one! First time ever winning anything on GL, so at least it wasn't really, really big ticket items. My wife was not too upset.

Now the hard part is getting them home, I guess I will have to use a trailer to bring them back.

I will let you know how the recovery goes, and take pictures of everything along the way because we all enjoy the pictures.

Viper350

I was going to bid on a trailer myself this week then my wife suggested that I needed a deuce before I buy a trailer to pull behind one. That sounds like permission to spend $$$ to me:razz:

Preacherboy

Won them in Indianopolis. It was an accident, but now I know how to check to see if I won "Bid History". Always check bid history, then I wouldn't have continued bidding past 5PM had I known I had already won one.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can pull them with a standard pickup-truck empty. Seeing as how you bought two you may want to haul them on a trailer big enough haul both of them so You don't have to make two trips though.

roscoe

Thats where I won my two 105's. I made two trips to pick them up -- one had a flat tire. They don't have any load assistance there -- so if your going to put them on a trailer -- bring some method of moving them.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to pull the trailers with a civilian pickup, be careful. Make sure you use a full-size pickup only and don't put anything in the trailer. I pulled an M105A2 home with an F-150. No problems, but that is a lot of weight behind you, even empty, so go very slow and take a lot of extra distance to stop, just in case. I had no problems stopping with the F-150.

I purchased an offset pintle hitch from Northern Tool so that it pulled straight behind me and used a set of magnetic tow lights. I was lucky - new tires and no flats and trailer brakes not seized.

Preacherboy

Well, I finally get to update this thread. The 2 original trailers that I won the sale was cancelled. So I bid on a couple more in a lot of 2. I won them for over $200 cheaper than the original ones! Yesterday was recovery day, I pulled one home with my wife's 2004 Z71 Chevy Tahoe. Pulling that trailer really drops the mpg. Left the house at 4 AM with 13mike (he had to pick up a 5 ton wrecker) and arrived at Indianapolis a little after 9 AM. Roger (GL rep) was there and some other folks were picking up trailers, lots of them! and an m920.

I purchased a pintle reciever from TSC that had an up to a 6" drop, I flipped it around to become a riser, found a pintle hook for free and got a 20" piece of .5" thick steel (5" wide) and bolted that to the pintle receiver. That brought me up to 32 inches off the ground to get really close to pulling the trailer level.

I know I will need to post pictures of all this! Hauling a trailer like this is not ideal; but it all worked and I did not drive much over 60mph, mostly 55 which made for a very long drive home. Once Mike got his 5-ton all squared away he backed it up to the other trailer, it fit perfect! He'll be bringing that back for me.

I also used magnetic trailer lights from Harbor Freight, they also worked great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks