• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First trip out

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatcha got there? Looks like an M1028 (or M100 8 with the SECM body from an M887. Do you have the welder and compressor stuff in the back?

84cucv1ton

did you take off you bed? still have it? looking for one. i have a secm body to sell to. dont want to cut up another one

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure he has a M1031 contact truck
Might be but its got the Dodge body for sure. Every one I've seen come out of mil service with that body was an M1028 but who knows, he may have done the install.

ABN173

Might be but its got the Dodge body for sure. Every one I've seen come out of mil service with that body was an M1028 but who knows, he may have done the install.
Well based off of the rectangle stock headlights and the Chevy CUCV bushguard I believe it to be a M1031. The round extra headlights centered on the brushguard additional add on, or appears to be anyway.......just took another look at the pics definitely a Chevrolet, check the logo out right behind the brushguard.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I was referring to the SECM body. Most every 1031 I've seen had the later SECM body with the PTO genset. The body on this truck is the older one. It has the longer front boxes and came with the gas powered genset/ welder. The truck itself is certainly Chevrolet CUCV. Sorry for the confusion.

trucker 1954

fRIST TRIP OUT

Yes its the older body made by south west truck in az i sold the pto air comp and gas welder working for as much i bought truck for . Lights added are 25 volt 475.000 candel power from lear jet air bags in front from air lift 35 tires in garage for total pm on drive train and prime and paint hard finding lock set for box to lock all doors but found in teaxs 19.000 miles bought from local navy base nj this truck as a locker in front which is strange it should have a limted slip m1028 a2 on door plate

trucker 1954

I paid 1350.00

More info please, first trip out in a long time? how long? why repairs? I am looking for a M1031 myself!
i PAID 1350.00 AND 19.000 MILES ITS SAYS M1028A2 ON THE TAG ON DOOR BUT HAS THE LOCKER IN FRONT REAR INSTEAD OF LIMITED SLIP I SOLD THE WELDER AIR COMPESTER SETUP AND TOTALY PM THE DRIVE TRAIN FOR IT SAT FOR 5 YEARS IN A GARAGE ON BASE RUNS GREAT AND HARD TO GET STUCK I CARRY MOSTLY TOOLS AND DIRT BIKES INTO WOODS HEAR IN NORTH EAST