• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Five ton winch seal.

TheBuggyman

I've called several suppliers for a PTO shaft seal for my five ton winch all to no avail......

Does anyone have one to sell or know of a supplier who DEFINITELY carry them?

Thanks everyone!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I know ron recently got one for his 819, but work keeps him away from SS a good bit.

Send him (73m819) a pm

edit: I should read before I post, I don't know if he re did that particular seal

RF202

Your best bet may be to take the seal to a bearing supply house and let them match it up. Just make sure it doesn't have any OD green on it, as most of them will back away from it and tell you it is strictly a military part, not available to them. While this is true, in certain cases, it does NOT apply to every part on a military truck. I buy a number of parts for mine, and have for a number of years, locally. Good case in point is when I went in to buy a set of spark plugs. "Don't make them anymore" -- "That's military only" and on and on. A lot of offroad civilian equipment uses, or did use, that type plug. But, they defeat their ownself before they even look. Your seal may be mil exclusive, but there's a good chance it's a standard, normal stock part.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
buggyman , exactly what seal is it, i have a old g-744 ordinance book, if i know what seal it is, ill look it up then cross the orginal manufacture number then get it crossed to a current number, thats what i did for my seal and speedy sleave, i most likly wont be able to cross the numbers till monday, is this the seal for the input shaft that the pto drives?????, btw, my book has a note in it that gives the price of $300 for a compleat winch.

if its the input drive seal , the number is ---IHC-143051H, the description is as follows--1 3/4 id x 2.879 od x 1/2 thick, this is according to the g-744 book