• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FIXED - stuck on side of hwy..cannot replace water pump belt

DeuceNewb

as of the last update I've now got it fixed right!!!! a good night of sleep and tearing everything apart today i got the new belt on and everything back together. It was so stuck i didnt think it would even come off.

now on to the last problem. The tachometer stopped working last night during the last 100 miles home

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
panty Hose

DeuceNewb,

Wow! That is wild. I would have never thought of that or heard of that! I can just see trying to run that (no pun intended) past my wife when I ask her for a pair.:D

So your mileage is one pair to a hundred miles +. I would love to see that epa sticker on the window.

Wish I would have known that, it could have saved me $450 tow off an elevated narrow 20 mile interstate bridge.:-(

Glad it all worked out!:)

PyroJoe

If I remember correctly its counterclockwise to loosen and clockwise to tighten the tension on the belt. It was a PITA to get on to the pulley. We had the pump all the way towards the IP and it still required a slight turn of the engine to seat it once we got it started on the pulley.
It tightens either way eventually. Mine was loosening in both directions. Ultimately determined that's because it was already set at maximum tension.

I just picked up a parts-NTC-290 for its turbo setup and other goodies. It has a very simple water pump belt setup. It uses both grooves and tensions even easier than the fan belts. Looks like the P/S only would've gotten 1 belt. But unfortunately the whole front assembly is different, and that tensioner is part of it. So, it looks like I'll be trying to fabricate my own standalone tensioner for the water pump, as I HATE the current setup.

1644352044704.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks