• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixing my cat 7155 tranny

terraglide

I have an M920 converted to a 4000 gal water wagon. I absolutely love how this thing goes, It's unstoppable! Recently the PTO developed a big leak while in operation and the driver didn't catch it fast enough and it dumped enough fluid out of the tranny to cause it to start slipping. we drained and re-filled it with new oil but it still slips. I'm trying to figure out what to do now. I suspect that the clutch disks are damaged and need replaced. I know an extremely competent truck/equipment mechanic who can do what needs to be done once we've established what that is, and if the parts can be had without breaking my little bank. If there is anyone out there who knows these trannies well enough to give me some insight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Rracing, if he does not reply soon to this thread.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite a few of these transmissions have come out of DRMO lately. People are keeping them for spares in case something like what happened to you happens. Usually it is the air control manfold that gives trouble. I think you are correct that the clutch packs are burned. Since you have to pull the transmission to do repairs to the clutches, my opinion is you will have less invested if you just have your mechanic install a manual transmission. Just shipping a replacement 2000 lb transmission will cost a lot.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Rracing is our resident guru on the Kitty Cat tranny.......if you can't get him by PM let me know...I have his number.

They sold a butt load of them out of PA the other day......I hope they didn't go to the scrapper.