• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fixing up the 816

hoopsoft

Well all this wrecker talk about new toys, figure I'll throw my hat in.. I'm slowly getting mine back into shape.

Here is some before and lets say during, as I'm not finished yet. Still need to do inside the bed and lots of touch up, haven't done anything with the cab yet either.

Attachments

hoopsoft

Man its sooo much easier just doing the green, but at the same time, I really like the camo look, and I like having the front winch and wheels black, so at some point I may camo it.

For now though, it will stay green alittle while longer.

hoopsoft

nah, not try to put anyone to shame just trying give the old truck its dignity back.

yeah 1600's on hemitt wheels. (I still plan on flipping the hubs at some point)

M813A1

Hey Jeff !!! Truck looks Good !! You going to bring it to the July 4 th Parade ?? I think that you are right the 1 color Green looks better !!! I have to get motivated to get my truck painted !! How much time you got into painting now ?? I like the 1600 but I think I am going to eventuly go with 1200 or 1400 on my truck I do not want to run out of Torque to turn those bigger tires !!

jimmcld

I hope mine turns out looking that nice. I have just started painting. The bed is going to be the hard part. I was wondering how to remove all the old paint from the tread plate when a friend of mine started on it with a 6" cup brush. It's amazing how good a job it does and it really doesn't take that long. However, it is a little on the messy side and it can be a real workout.

Does anyone have one of the trouble lights that came with the trucks? I have never seen one.

Jim

hoopsoft

mine has a light just missing the dome, at some point I will probably replace it. Doubt I will make the 4th parade its our anniversary and I really don't have the money or time or try and get it registered, much less how am I gonna insure this crazy thing.

I'm not doing the best job of prepping it. I've power washed it, then I will scrap it, then do some DA to get the loose and/or rust off, then some scotchbrite and ajax, rinse then shoot. (unless I get down to bare metal then I had been using an etching primer)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks