• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FIY : Control box knob removal

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
and this is the o ring that needs replacing ?View attachment 842588
Guessing - but since all of those parts are called out under Item 14, they are part of a rebuild kit.

I would lay everything out like the exploded view in your picture.
Then, if you take those parts to a hydraulic shop, you should be able to get replacements.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guessing - but since all of those parts are called out under Item 14, they are part of a rebuild kit.

I would lay everything out like the exploded view in your picture.
Then, if you take those parts to a hydraulic shop, you should be able to get replacements.
As in the Harbor Freight Hydraulic Shop O-Ring Division?….lol

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As in the Harbor Freight Hydraulic Shop O-Ring Division?….lol
Yes sir, I have done the same myself. :cool:

When I finally started to understand that there are metric and standard O-Rings my success rate went way up. Also have discovered that often HF is as good as any. Other times - not so much. Only advantage to a place that specializes in hydraulics often get rubber compounds that are more durable.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my leak is coming from under the cap knob, i have replaced all of the 4 orings and PTFE Backer rings. the TM does not show breaking it down like this where are the aluminum pins and what size puller is that because i could not get the cap off with my small puller and the larger one would not go behand the cap

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the red dot shows 2 o rings... the 25 year old, hard with squared edges and the new HF Blue O Ring ... 86 the the old o ring.....that was the cause of the leakage behind the knob...20220502_201457.jpg